I was sure I'd done a thread on the Maui 5s, but I can't find one. Suffice to say that they have exceeded all expectations, and managed to cope with jobs they should never have been asked to do.
The one reason why I was sold them was that the previous owner felt, as I did, that LD missed a trick not fitting them with a link output, as they did on every other system. Why oh why do you fit something with an excellent all purpose mixer, but miss out a slave output?

So, I swapped a heap of small boxes and some money for a pair of Maui 5s, and was delighted to find how versatile and convenient they were. Never ever let me down, and always did the job well.
The niggle about the slave output never went away, and while I got a tiny mixer to circumvent the issue, it was never needed. It's never gone away, and the larger systems have been on my radar for a long time.

Well, young Mr Neen recently acquired a pair of Maui 28 slaves as a part ex, which he wasted no time in informing me of. Well, when I headed up there for NYE, he fired them up on demo, and negotiations began. We even brought a 5 in as an A-B test, and it was astonishing to hear what they could manage against their big brother. They just have no right to do what they do.
Not surprisingly, negotiations ran aground immediately, as i wanted them as an adjunct to the 5s, and Andy wanted the 5s as part ex, since he had many jobs for them. I couldn't envisage losing the 5s, and much discussion, soul searching, and ideas passed rapidly between Andy, Shaun and myself.

As I mentioned elsewhere, we were having a bit of a pick'n'mix of kit for the three gigs that night, and let's just say that the inevitable happened, and Andy did his gig with a pair of 5s and a smug grin, while I had a pair of 28s either side of me, and an expression of awe.
Each now has kit which will be the most valuable to its new owner, and all I have to do now is to sell my beloved Stinger tops and subs, which are only going out about once a year. The for sale thread will appear before too long.