Quote Originally Posted by rth_discos View Post
I'm still confused why you want to work with a system that requires the customer to connect to your own wi-fi. My fear is that the uptake will be low.

Let's not forget that your wi-fi doesn't provide them with any internet access, so you'll soon have people complaining that you've broken their phone because their Facebook doesn't refresh...

For me, it would be logical to make sense of an existing platform such as Instagram or Twitter. Many brides already create a hashtag for the day where their friends can upload photos to Instagram. You just ride off the back of that.

The fact you need written instructions concerns me - whereas 'Instagram a photo with hash tag daveandjennywedding' is all that's required, and can be easily announced.

I've also heard that sites like WedPics.com don't actually get much response on the day itself - although that's anecdotal. But worth checking out the take up of such a service at a wedding, as it may be an indicator of the success of this type of service.

I hate being negative about this great concept, but when you charge for a service, brides build a level of expectation, and I fear they would be disappointed to receive 3 photos at the end of it...
You know, if the local environment allows it, why not set up a wifi point with mobile internet as well? It should also be quite easy to set a cap on usage or download rates on each wifi user too with an open source access point solution. You could potentially be sneaky & 'borrow' venue wifi too if it's free.