Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: picture question

Call me a Sceptical Old Git, but is there accountability/traceability/screening built in? What's to stop a guest uploading an obscene piccy of their genitalia?

A lot of the weddings I've done, if the groom's mates thought they could get away with it, they'd be on it like a shot.
    Excalibur. Older than the average DJ.

www.excaliburmobiledisco.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by Excalibur View Post
    Call me a Sceptical Old Git, but is there accountability/traceability/screening built in? What's to stop a guest uploading an obscene piccy of their genitalia?
    Common decency?

But I'm with you...very dangerous to have this unmoderated. I'd have the submissions going to one dropbox folder, with the slideshow running from another. Have a laptop accessing both and every now and then drag the acceptable ones across....job done.

Absolutely all pictures need to be moderated and approved before being displayed.

All commercial products that offer this based on a Twitter feed hashtag for example have an approval process built in to them.

Once someone realises, you've lost control of it! And of course, anyone can upload any photo already on their phone (and it looks pretty anonymous too...)

From http://yourdj.co.uk/memory-share-sel...o-collection/: -

Don’t worry about inappropriate photos showing live as they can be held back until they are checked by us.
    So looks like that's covered...

Quote Originally Posted by Marc J View Post
    From http://yourdj.co.uk/memory-share-sel...o-collection/: -

So looks like that's covered...
    I got a 404 from that link.

And while I appreciate the ease with which this may work, I'm still sceptical.

And probably a Luddite, too.

I'm currently pondering making one of these things myself (yuh like I've not got enough side projects going on) & I've already worked out how moderation will work via the admin interface.

The hardest part for me anyway will be making the device side of it look nice. Ie what the guests see.

The trick is simply not just to slideshow the uploaded photos. Nope they go to a holding folder on the box file system. The admin interface instigates a file move once the pics are approved. Simple

Quote Originally Posted by Excalibur View Post
    I got a 404 from that link.

And while I appreciate the ease with which this may work, I'm still sceptical.

And probably a Luddite, too.

Try this: http://yourdj.co.uk/memory-share-sel...to-collection/

: seemed to be added to the end of the URL.
    Nathan.

Quote Originally Posted by DJWilson View Post
    Try this: http://yourdj.co.uk/memory-share-sel...to-collection/

: seemed to be added to the end of the URL.
    Many thanks, Nathan.

Quote Originally Posted by Nakatomi View Post
    I'm currently pondering making one of these things myself (yuh like I've not got enough side projects going on) & I've already worked out how moderation will work via the admin interface.

The hardest part for me anyway will be making the device side of it look nice. Ie what the guests see.

The trick is simply not just to slideshow the uploaded photos. Nope they go to a holding folder on the box file system. The admin interface instigates a file move once the pics are approved. Simple
    With a QR code for connecting to the WiFi (worked for ages on Android, now works on iOS 11 too), and another for the upload URL?
    Last edited by Marc J; 17-01-2018 at 03:21 PM.

I'm still confused why you want to work with a system that requires the customer to connect to your own wi-fi. My fear is that the uptake will be low.

Let's not forget that your wi-fi doesn't provide them with any internet access, so you'll soon have people complaining that you've broken their phone because their Facebook doesn't refresh...

For me, it would be logical to make sense of an existing platform such as Instagram or Twitter. Many brides already create a hashtag for the day where their friends can upload photos to Instagram. You just ride off the back of that.

The fact you need written instructions concerns me - whereas 'Instagram a photo with hash tag daveandjennywedding' is all that's required, and can be easily announced.

I've also heard that sites like WedPics.com don't actually get much response on the day itself - although that's anecdotal. But worth checking out the take up of such a service at a wedding, as it may be an indicator of the success of this type of service.

I hate being negative about this great concept, but when you charge for a service, brides build a level of expectation, and I fear they would be disappointed to receive 3 photos at the end of it...