Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: Bark

Quote Originally Posted by Imagine View Post
    I've also left NaD - no more silly invented budgets coming this way and replying to leads you'll never hear from again. Best bit is, despite the threats of my SEO suffering, I'm still in business and getting jobs....just for a sensible price now and less frustration
    NaD is still worth it for me because I respond to so few and my prices are such that getting the two or three bookings a year is still worth the effort, if I was responding to everything that came in the law of diminishing returns would kick in.

The quality of leads (and members) has dropped dramatically over the past year or so and I'm not the only one that thinks that so it'll be interesting to see how things pan out over the next 12-18 months.

Default Now call me a sceptical old git, but..................................

I haven't got any credits left on Bark, although I'm still getting the offers, obviously. Now the blighters have gone and put a double whammy in place. Not only does it cost around £7 per quote replied to, but instead of it costing £20+vat to top up your credit, they've now put that figure up to £33+vat, so I've not put any more money in.

Now, here's the interesting bit. " Allegedly ", Bark customers are looking on the site, finding me and asking me for quotes. This means that the leads are free. Sadly I've not had availability for any of these, so couldn't quote. I don't see the enquiries on the site though, which makes me wonder if they're totally genuine. Surely if I wasn't available, the request would go out to all and sundry?
    Excalibur. Older than the average DJ.

www.excaliburmobiledisco.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by Excalibur View Post

Now, here's the interesting bit. " Allegedly ", Bark customers are looking on the site, finding me and asking me for quotes. This means that the leads are free. Sadly I've not had availability for any of these, so couldn't quote. I don't see the enquiries on the site though, which makes me wonder if they're totally genuine. Surely if I wasn't available, the request would go out to all and sundry?
    Dating websites sometimes pull a similar trick.
    They wait for your subscription to be up then send you some "made up" emails of someone being interested in you.
    This encourages you to re-subscribe.

I have just released my new photography site from hidden to "visible by google" and have had 7 every week since (each email is changed slightly so its complete crap and they are lying):

I am actually seriously thinking of reporting them, especially after last weeks changes!

Name:  Untitled.jpg
Views: 204
Size:  42.4 KB
    Your DJ - Mobile DJ The New Forest, Southampton & Hampshire. Toby
    https://yourdj.co.uk/

Quote Originally Posted by yourdj View Post
    I have just released my new photography site from hidden to "visible by google" and have had 7 every week since (each email is changed slightly so its complete crap and they are lying):

I am actually seriously thinking of reporting them, especially after last weeks changes!
    This is the bit I find laughable about GDPR.

A load of small business worrying about a privacy policy on their website and if they need 'opt in' to run Google Analytics, and Bark just carries on spamming everyone regardless...

Toby, message them back asking them to delete you and not contact you again under your 'right to be forgotten'. If you're not a limited company, highlight that you're a sole trader (critical, because sole traders are treated as individuals, not as companies).

Quote Originally Posted by rth_discos View Post
    This is the bit I find laughable about GDPR.

A load of small business worrying about a privacy policy on their website and if they need 'opt in' to run Google Analytics, and Bark just carries on spamming everyone regardless...

Toby, message them back asking them to delete you and not contact you again under your 'right to be forgotten'. If you're not a limited company, highlight that you're a sole trader (critical, because sole traders are treated as individuals, not as companies).
    Its not too bad its all gone to my junk, but the point is its been sent. You wonder about replying to those sort of emails. Some time I just like to leave it and the system will move on as its a no go.
    Your DJ - Mobile DJ The New Forest, Southampton & Hampshire. Toby
    https://yourdj.co.uk/

I haven't got any credits left on Bark, although I'm still getting the offers, obviously. Now the blighters have gone and put a double whammy in place. Not only does it cost around £7 per quote replied to, but instead of it costing £20+vat to top up your credit, they've now put that figure up to £33+vat, so I've not put any more money in.
    They've updated again. Cost of replies has risen, as has cost of credits. Some leads are now costing £11.53 to reply to!!!! They're currently offering a BOGOF deal. Still too rich for me, Add to Event is looking best for me at the moment. Sad to say, but NaD is offering less leads nowadays.

They've updated again. Cost of replies has risen, as has cost of credits. Some leads are now costing £11.53 to reply to!!!! They're currently offering a BOGOF deal. Still too rich for me, Add to Event is looking best for me at the moment. Sad to say, but NaD is offering less leads nowadays.
    I would not touch Bark! they are resorting to some dodgy marketing tactics nowadays.
    Is anyone else getting emails from Bark saying that some of their customers would like you to contact them as they have found you on Bark!
    It costs even more to reply to those leads and if they wanted to talk to me they could always get in touch with me via the contact form on my website.

Quote Originally Posted by Vinny View Post
    and if they wanted to talk to me they could always get in touch with me via the contact form on my website.
    Funny you should say that.

One switched on client did just that, result, one free booking.

Quote Originally Posted by Vinny View Post
    I would not touch Bark! they are resorting to some dodgy marketing tactics nowadays.
    Is anyone else getting emails from Bark saying that some of their customers would like you to contact them as they have found you on Bark!
    It costs even more to reply to those leads and if they wanted to talk to me they could always get in touch with me via the contact form on my website.
    Clients now see your details, so with a bit of luck they'll ring or email - which has happened a couple of times already. Happy days!
    Nathan.