Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Bark

Quote Originally Posted by Excalibur View Post
    That would be nice here. Ever the optimist, having used up my first credits, one came up which was very quirky, so I rashly " invested " another sum of money. Unless something comes of these, I can see Bark getting blocked for emails here. So many requests don't have a date, so are obviously just getting prices.

Re price, in two months, I've spent the same on Bark as a year on NaD, and I get jobs from NaD.
    We're going to pick based on the information provided (and a check with the venue if we can work it out) and hopefully catch the serious bookers.

Quote Originally Posted by AndyC View Post
    I had one booking from bark back in september for April this year which cancelled on new years day but nothing since not even a reply or a tick to say they were read from those I quoted for.
    Being of a Slightly Cynical I do wonder how genuine they are. On the other hand I have had 5 from NAD in the same period of time.
    A couple of people have put the venues address and/or venue name in the description which I can confirm with the venue, the booking is real but not had a come back. Hopefully going direct to the client pays off.
    Nathan.

Right, my final two credits have gone, and if I don't at least get a response, then they're coming off my Christmas card list!!
    Excalibur. Older than the average DJ.

www.excaliburmobiledisco.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by DJWilson View Post
    Hi,

I've joined bark.com and have had a load of enquires be sent to me. I'm yet to buy any credits to contact anyone yet.

Has/does anyone else use these and are all the requests genuine/worth while?

Thanks in advance.
    The quality of the leads depends on how many other discos are getting them as well.
    You could be paying for a lead that has been sent to 10 other discos which means (unless your cheap) one of the other discos will always get the job.

Quote Originally Posted by ckpr2 View Post
    The quality of the leads depends on how many other discos are getting them as well.
    You could be paying for a lead that has been sent to 10 other discos
    Allegedly, NO! Maximum 5.

Quote Originally Posted by ckpr2 View Post
    You could be paying for a lead that has been sent to 10 other discos which means (unless your cheap) one of the other discos will always get the job.
    It may be *sent* to many discos, but because each disco has to pay to reply, I don't think there are many that reply.

I fear the issue is with the *quality* of lead, rather than how many are applying.

Well, subject to written confirmation, I've got one!
    It's an 18th on a Monday night in a local Rugby Club I've been to a couple of times recently, and wouldn't be at all surprised to see some familiar faces from the previous gigs.
    Rock bottom price, but as I said, it's Monday, it's local, and as long as I have the bilge they request, it's all good.

Technically, I'm now ahead on the Bark deal, but unless a couple more sign on the dotted, I don't envisage giving them much more money.

Quote Originally Posted by Excalibur View Post
    Well, subject to written confirmation, I've got one!
    It's an 18th on a Monday night in a local Rugby Club I've been to a couple of times recently, and wouldn't be at all surprised to see some familiar faces from the previous gigs.
    Rock bottom price, but as I said, it's Monday, it's local, and as long as I have the bilge they request, it's all good.

Technically, I'm now ahead on the Bark deal, but unless a couple more sign on the dotted, I don't envisage giving them much more money.
    If that gig leads to more from the same client or their guests even better!
    Nathan.

Quote Originally Posted by DJWilson View Post
    If that gig leads to more from the same client or their guests even better!
    Being rock bottom price, I'm guessing they're not the ideal client for future work

Quote Originally Posted by rth_discos View Post
    Being rock bottom price, I'm guessing they're not the ideal client for future work
    True, but if it fills gaps in the diary...
    Nathan.

Quote Originally Posted by rth_discos View Post
    I fear the issue is with the *quality* of lead, rather than how many are applying.
    Yup - and I can confirm I've actually seen a genuine request at last

Trouble is, the budget was less than half what I'd quoted him for his wedding reception in a plush country house type of place just an hour beforehand