Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Your DMX Control

Wayne, QLC+ can do all these things, is completely FREE and is utterly stable.

I'm not averse to paying for software I need but I draw the line at paying for software the vendor has deliberately hobbled like mydmx. All that money for the mydmx box & it doesn't even have an isolated dmx output! Oh you want remote control oh that's extra.

There's a new kid on the block btw. Lightrider by Nicolaudie (who just happen to make mydmx for ADJ). Works on tablets & phones apparently... Ipad & iphone too. If you don't want or need mega detailed control it might be the way to go for you.
    Last edited by Nakatomi; 17-01-2018 at 01:57 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nakatomi View Post
    Lightrider by Nicolaudie
    I have never been a fan of light company controllers (i.e. bridge). Way too over priced and not enough freedom or features.

This above looks good, I would be interested too see what the app is like in practice? The wifi control devices are £300+, but I guess thats a good investment especially if there are cheaper compatible wifi interface options. I prefer to just use iPad personally, one less thing to set up and still versatile (£250 for cuety). This is another ipad control software I like the look of (I think they rebranded with Chauvet also). Not used it though, but it has built in DMX and some other nice features (like signal range). https://www.thomann.de/gb/ehrgeiz_ai...BoCh8kQAvD_BwE

Name:  11590454_800.jpg
Views: 98
Size:  36.2 KB
    Last edited by yourdj; 17-01-2018 at 07:52 AM.
    Your DJ - Mobile DJ The New Forest, Southampton & Hampshire. Toby
    https://yourdj.co.uk/

Ah well. Have a look at the smartshow.lighting website. They make a variety of networking to dmx products.
    One project I've got on the go is a very small & cheap wireless artnet to dmx box. Oh and another is a very cheap artnet to led pixel tape controller. How small? MyDMX sized. How cheap? Under 30 quid all in!

Quote Originally Posted by Nakatomi View Post
    Wayne, QLC+ can do all these things, is completely FREE and is utterly stable.

I'm not averse to paying for software I need but I draw the line at paying for software the vendor has deliberately hobbled like mydmx. All that money for the mydmx box & it doesn't even have an isolated dmx output! Oh you want remote control oh that's extra.

There's a new kid on the block btw. Lightrider by Nicolaudie (who just happen to make mydmx for ADJ). Works on tablets & phones apparently... Ipad & iphone too. If you don't want or need mega detailed control it might be the way to go for you.

Keep talking...

What would I need to go from controller to lights? Wired, no need for wireless at the moment, and is there an iPad control option rather than PC/Laptop?
    Nathan.

Quote Originally Posted by DJWilson View Post
    Keep talking...

What would I need to go from controller to lights? Wired, no need for wireless at the moment, and is there an iPad control option rather than PC/Laptop?

Qlc is no use if you just want to use an iPad or tablet. Lightrider on the other hand can output artnet over wifi (paid extra but I don't think it's much) then you just need an artnet to dmx box & maybe wifi router.

Of course if iPad control is all you want you could always just buy an ADJ airstream dmx box.

For qlc on a laptop, pc or mac(book) you'll need either a wifi artnet to dmx adapter or a usb dmx interface. I'm using a dirt cheap board I got from ebay for under a tenner (i put it in a box with nice sturdy neutrik connectors for usb & dmx). Search ebay for usb rs485 adapter & opt for the ft232rl variety. Or I know a guy.. Look at smartshow.lighting ebay store. He's gonna be selling an isolated version too soon. Hint: you really need isolated dmx. I know a few people whose lighting rigs have blown up their mydmx boxes!

Here's smartshow lighting's ebay shop: https://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/smartshow...1&_ipg=&_from=
    Last edited by Nakatomi; 17-01-2018 at 08:50 AM.