Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

Thread: Suggestions please - looking for a pair of Scanners ...

Default Suggestions please - looking for a pair of Scanners ...

I would be grateful for some recommendations. I am looking to buy a pair of LED Scanners to compliment a Cameo 4 light LED Multi Bar and used for lighting effects on a live stage as well as DJ work. Would like some suggestions for good qualityrice ratio, don't really know where to start.

First question....what's the budget? Scanners can be anything from a couple of hundred quid to several thousand!

Personally, I use a pair of Chauvet Intimidator 305 barrel scanners. Brilliant bit of kit at around £400 a piece and hold their own in most of the functions I work on.

Something else worth a look would be the ADJ Warlock, although I'm hearing mixed reviews on those (people are comparing them to Martin Wizards which use MSD lamps instead of LED though)

Thanks for the response, budget would be £400 tops. I have a pair of the original Martin Wizards but they are extremely heavy and not very bright, they are quite old and I would like something to use when it's too much trouble to take them out. I will check out the Intimidators.