Quote Originally Posted by Imagine View Post
I sent a follow up email to said client three hours after the initial quote, asking if they needed more information etc.....talk about looking pushy!

I thought that was that and I'd possibly put the client off (It'd have put me off personally!)
Personally, I would have been a bit put off by chasing after 3 hours but I guess if you like the look of a supplier enough things like that won't bother too much. I booked suppliers for my wedding last year who had quirks which weren't very desirable, but the product they were offering was great so I decided to proceed.

Quote Originally Posted by Nakatomi View Post
Hang on. What? Chase customers? If they enquire, seem keen but I don't hear back I just assume they're not going to bother. Am I playing hard to get? Appearing like I'm not bothered myself? Tbh I've never really given it much thought.
I only started to chase customers in the last year when 2 months after my enquiry a marquee company chased me about the quote they gave me. I had not received a quote. Oh wait, I had, it was in the junk mail inbox. I'd already booked the marquee but I had a chat with them as it'd peaked my curouisity. It seems that their emails that contained pictures and lots of marketing style words had been deemed spam, but "Hi, just wondering if you received our quote and had any questions... etc etc" sailed straight through to the inbox.