Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Enquiry to Booking time

Default Enquiry to Booking time

Just a quick query, as a 'ball park figure' how long do customers take from enquiring with you to actually booking/paying a deposit.

Obviously I know it varies but I am finding it is about 2 weeks for me, a few book almost straight away but these are normally those who I have been recommended by the venue.

Just wondering
    Semi-Retired Multi Award Winning DJ

www.ultimateweddingdj.co.uk

It really varies.

I tend to find that I'll get a booking confirmed within a week.

The quickest from initial phone call to getting the deposit in the bank was literally minutes!

I received an enquiry last night at 8:27 - had a phone call with her this afternoon at 4pm and she told me she wanted to go ahead straight away.

That's quite rare to get someone to confirm whilst on the phone - especially as I never push for a decision.

Once I've finished on the phone with them, I tend to get an answer within a few days.

Only on rare occasions does someone confirm they want to go ahead more than a week after that.

How long?

Just let me go and measure this piece of string.

Varies from minutes to weeks, and possibly even months!!
    Excalibur. Older than the average DJ.

www.excaliburmobiledisco.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by Excalibur View Post
    How long?

Just let me go and measure this piece of string.

Varies from minutes to weeks, and possibly even months!!
    ^^^ Wot he said.

I've had customers come back 6-7 months after the initial enquiry.
    As a rule of thumb though if I've not heard back within a couple of weeks, it's normally not going to happen.

From my own website contact form a few days from the initial inquiry to booking.
    I get a lot of recommendations from venues and previous clients, if I am free and my fee suits their budget then straight away.

From NAD a few days, a week or even months, what I find encouraging is that I get a reply to roughly 50% of my email quotes that I sent out.
    What I am finding thought a lot of the time to tell me that they have decided to go with someone else that offers photography as part of the package.

DJ's offering photography? how can they offer both what are they photographers or DJ's, if they work on their own how can they do both?
    If they employ someone else then they can't be making much of a profit based on most of stated silly budgets.

Quote Originally Posted by rth_discos View Post
    It really varies.

I tend to find that I'll get a booking confirmed within a week.

The quickest from initial phone call to getting the deposit in the bank was literally minutes!

I received an enquiry last night at 8:27 - had a phone call with her this afternoon at 4pm and she told me she wanted to go ahead straight away.

That's quite rare to get someone to confirm whilst on the phone - especially as I never push for a decision.

Once I've finished on the phone with them, I tend to get an answer within a few days.

Only on rare occasions does someone confirm they want to go ahead more than a week after that.
    Pretty much the same as this (and I had someone chew my hand off on the phone on Tuesday to book me then and there!)

I don't regard anything as booked until the contract has been e-signed and the booking fee is nestled in my account but my booking process is all online and very quick so the biggest time consumer is between them getting my quote and touching base to say they want to book. It's usually 1-3 days but sometimes it's months. I think my current record is over a year when someone came back to book

I don't normally expect a response for a week or two. I send a polite email asking if they're still interested a month after and I still have plenty that wait another month before asking to book.

Don't have many that make decisions within 48 hours though.

Dorset DJ - Dorset based DJ service
    11:11 EVENTS LTD - 11:11 EVENTS LTD

Quote Originally Posted by ukpartydj View Post
    I don't normally expect a response for a week or two. I send a polite email asking if they're still interested a month after and I still have plenty that wait another month before asking to book.

Don't have many that make decisions within 48 hours though.
    Funny enough....I made a bit of a boo-boo a couple of days ago.

A NaD gig came in for a wedding in one of my regular haunts. I bid well over their budget and watched as the response count went into double figures.

At the same time, I decided it was time to start playing with Booking Helpers in DJEP....whoops!

I sent a follow up email to said client three hours after the initial quote, asking if they needed more information etc.....talk about looking pushy!

I thought that was that and I'd possibly put the client off (It'd have put me off personally!)

I had a reply the next day....they're still finalising the plans for the day but apparently I'm well and truly in the running

OK, it's not necessarily a quick turnaround (I haven't actually got the gig....yet) and I've gone a little off topic, but I'm seriously considering whether I need to chase potential bookings a LOT quicker than my normal 2-3 days after the initial quote.

Quote Originally Posted by Imagine View Post
    F

I sent a follow up email to said client three hours after the initial quote, asking if they needed more information etc.....talk about looking pushy!

I thought that was that and I'd possibly put the client off (It'd have put me off personally!)
    That would have been my view. I once got a NaD booking because I was " the only one who didn't start chasing up the booking shortly after sending the quote ". Still don't think there's a cast iron rule regarding how soon to chase up for best results.
    Excalibur. Older than the average DJ.

www.excaliburmobiledisco.co.uk

Hang on. What? Chase customers? If they enquire, seem keen but I don't hear back I just assume they're not going to bother. Am I playing hard to get? Appearing like I'm not bothered myself? Tbh I've never really given it much thought.