Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Enquiry to Booking time

Quote Originally Posted by Imagine View Post
    I sent a follow up email to said client three hours after the initial quote, asking if they needed more information etc.....talk about looking pushy!

I thought that was that and I'd possibly put the client off (It'd have put me off personally!)
    Personally, I would have been a bit put off by chasing after 3 hours but I guess if you like the look of a supplier enough things like that won't bother too much. I booked suppliers for my wedding last year who had quirks which weren't very desirable, but the product they were offering was great so I decided to proceed.

Quote Originally Posted by Nakatomi View Post
    Hang on. What? Chase customers? If they enquire, seem keen but I don't hear back I just assume they're not going to bother. Am I playing hard to get? Appearing like I'm not bothered myself? Tbh I've never really given it much thought.
    I only started to chase customers in the last year when 2 months after my enquiry a marquee company chased me about the quote they gave me. I had not received a quote. Oh wait, I had, it was in the junk mail inbox. I'd already booked the marquee but I had a chat with them as it'd peaked my curouisity. It seems that their emails that contained pictures and lots of marketing style words had been deemed spam, but "Hi, just wondering if you received our quote and had any questions... etc etc" sailed straight through to the inbox.

Dorset DJ - Dorset based DJ service
    11:11 EVENTS LTD - 11:11 EVENTS LTD

Quote Originally Posted by Excalibur View Post
    That would have been my view. I once got a NaD booking because I was " the only one who didn't start chasing up the booking shortly after sending the quote ". Still don't think there's a cast iron rule regarding how soon to chase up for best results.
    It's amazing what you hear about some of the people on NaD.

I took an enquiry this week which appeared on NaD 10 minutes later.

My opening gambit was - Hi Mr x, being a Platinum DJ Mark Award holder I've received both your enquiries but thank you for coming directly ousndiuy3erufvf

We spoke on the phone the following day and he said some of the responses he got were shocking whether it was appalling spelling in grammar to someone who gave him a 2 line response along the lines of: I'm available and cost £x. Are you going to book?

Quote Originally Posted by Jim - Scotland's Party DJ View Post
    It's amazing what you hear about some of the people on NaD.

I took an enquiry this week which appeared on NaD 10 minutes later.

My opening gambit was - Hi Mr x, being a Platinum DJ Mark Award holder I've received both your enquiries but thank you for coming directly ousndiuy3erufvf

We spoke on the phone the following day and he said some of the responses he got were shocking whether it was appalling spelling in grammar to someone who gave him a 2 line response along the lines of: I'm available and cost £x. Are you going to book?
    I learnt this first hand when i put in an enquiry. Despite saying I was paying £325, I got a load of people offering me £150 straight out. Just a sentence or two, zero proof that they had not just gone to Maplin and bought some equipment, or website links that just had photos of everyone sat on the floor (yuk). The most annoying however was a guy I knew that had put in an automated system. 'Yes, he is available, great', I contact him and 'no he is not available', then i kept getting emails from him each week chasing it up!

Had a guy contact me today actually, massive equipment list, I am leaving it for now as he seems a nice chap. I want to say "as important as good quality reliable equipment is, all the DJ's I use could turn up with a set of skytecs (even on the floor lol) and two par cans and still fill the dance floor. He has apparently been around since the 90's (was a personality DJ by all accounts) but his site is full of stock photos and a picture of a young DJ loads of club kit etc; so god knows what people book through him think on the night, when some cheesy bloke turns up.

I just try and be translucent, i always put my from prices in and add any links to key pages on my site. Chances are they have been recommended by the venue, looked through the site, so are in a strong position to book. The prices are on the site, so I think they are already set to expect a larger than most quote. If it falls below what they thought then it acts like a bonus, beats making them think they will get a deal and it turns out more expensive than the rest of them.
    Last edited by yourdj; 19-01-2018 at 12:01 PM.
    Your DJ - Mobile DJ The New Forest, Southampton & Hampshire. Toby
    https://yourdj.co.uk/

Quote Originally Posted by Jim - Scotland's Party DJ View Post

Can't have been Me Jim.

I don't quote quite that far North.

Jim, sadly it's not amazing. Despite Martin's quality control, apparently responses like that are far from unusual, as Toby relates.
    Excalibur. Older than the average DJ.

www.excaliburmobiledisco.co.uk

Resident Antagonist Benny Smyth's Avatar

The record for me to go from enquiry to receiving the signed booking agreement and booking fee is 27 minutes. And yes, I actually did take notice. It occured a few months ago and is for 2nd January 2019, so I must have done something right!

On the other end of the scale, I had a call on Wednesday from a chap who I spoke to at a wedding fayre in January 2017, and I apparently made enough of an impression for him to hold onto my flyer and enquire to book me 12 months later for his wedding in December.

As for chasing up enquiries, I wait seven days. I tend to find most people book me within two or three days, but I do have a pretty favorable ratio of getting bookings from the chase ups. It's simply a case of sending an email from Outlook and moving their enquiry from the 'To Chase' folder to 'Chased'.