Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Controller Flightcase Query

Default Controller Flightcase Query

Controller Flightcases - with or without a laptop shelf ?

Currently my flightcases are without a shelf but have a 2u slot for my backup underneath, however this makes it kinda heavy - My last one I even had wheels and a pull along handle fitted.

Getting a case with a shelf will make it heavy still, but is the convenience worth it or do I go for a simple case, without laptop shelf and just take a stand for the laptop.

Any opinions ?
    Semi-Retired Multi Award Winning DJ

www.ultimateweddingdj.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by ppentertainments View Post
    Controller Flightcases - with or without a laptop shelf ?

Currently my flightcases are without a shelf but have a 2u slot for my backup underneath, however this makes it kinda heavy - My last one I even had wheels and a pull along handle fitted.

Getting a case with a shelf will make it heavy still, but is the convenience worth it or do I go for a simple case, without laptop shelf and just take a stand for the laptop.

Any opinions ?
    Funny, but I currently use a controller case without space underneath but with a sliding laptop shelf. It's not unmanageably heavy but definitely adds a lot of weight to the controller. I've been looking at changing to a case with rack space below the controller but OMG the weight..

I used to use a separate laptop stand & I really don't miss it. My 1st stand was dirt cheap & had to be carted round assembled or else I'd have had to put it together with fiddly screws. My 2nd was a folding jobby from NovoPro for under £50 & was a breeze to put up. FWIW, my vote would always be for a case with a laptop shelf.

Quote Originally Posted by Nakatomi View Post
    My 2nd was a folding jobby from NovoPro for under £50 & was a breeze to put up. FWIW, my vote would always be for a case with a laptop shelf.
    Bugger, just bought one of those novopro ones thinking it may be the solution lol

Flight case with space to keep the back-up laptop closed, under the mixer and DMX controller with a laptop stand beside it.
    Nathan.

Bugger, just bought one of those novopro ones thinking it may be the solution lol
    Don't get me wrong Chris the Novopro stand was nice as laptop stands go - just on any of my booths it was much higher than the sliding shelf on my case. Better for somebody of my stature to have the laptop lower down, in other words

Don't get me wrong Chris the Novopro stand was nice as laptop stands go - just on any of my booths it was much higher than the sliding shelf on my case. Better for somebody of my stature to have the laptop lower down, in other words
    Never actually thought about that. I have to mostly sit now, and have struggled a bit sometimes with the height, a case with sliding shelf may be a better height.

I'll likely end up buying both options then selling the one I don't want

I buy the one with the laptop slide shelf and take it out (terrible for getting a bad back!). Adds room for my laptop stand, microphone receiver and headphones. I have bought two rubbish tatty products from NOVPRO, so don't use them anymore (would rather go to Maplin).

I bought this Gorilla case and its very solid and lightweight. £75, which is very cheap. Magma, would be my next choice.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Gorilla-D...UAAOSwXYtYtW3w

Name:  1464946512_1911.jpg
Views: 119
Size:  26.4 KB

I have the UDG laptop stand, but would probably buy a more solid crane one if I bought again. The UDG is nice as it height adjustable and pivots, but i think the crane products are better quality. If you want a stand I have a Stanton Uberstand for sale.

Name:  udglaptopstandangle.jpg
Views: 121
Size:  23.4 KB
    Last edited by yourdj; 30-01-2018 at 08:03 AM.
    Your DJ - Mobile DJ The New Forest, Southampton & Hampshire. Toby
    https://yourdj.co.uk/

Magma over my dead body. The pains I had getting a magma mc6000 case slim enough to fit my micron booth! I ended up with a Gorilla case. THEY publish the right dimensions!

Ended up going to Swanflight for a simple controller case without a laptop shelf. So much smaller and lighter which is my aim. Bit of a faff putting a laptop stand up maybe but weight is VERY significant for me at the moment.

Ended up going to Swanflight for a simple controller case without a laptop shelf. So much smaller and lighter which is my aim. Bit of a faff putting a laptop stand up maybe but weight is VERY significant for me at the moment.
    I looked at Swanflight and they look like better cases, but did not have the removable front bit.

Magma over my dead body. The pains I had getting a magma mc6000 case slim enough to fit my micron booth! I ended up with a Gorilla case. THEY publish the right dimensions!
    £35 cheaper too. I only mentioned magma as my VCI has been passed in that for almost 7 years now.
    Your DJ - Mobile DJ The New Forest, Southampton & Hampshire. Toby
    https://yourdj.co.uk/