Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: DDJ-RB freezing

It's possible that ground based noise is causing problems with USB. What this means is your controller might be earthed via usb through your laptop & then it's connected to your pa & grounded through the amp/speakers. If there's a ground loop you can end up with noise (which you might not even be able to hear) that's mucking up usb communications sometimes.

Try running the laptop on battery & see if it stops the problem. If it does, maybe using a usb isolator will help. Mind then, so might disconnecting the ground wires in the xlrs at the speaker/amp end. Nb this is safe to do & IS NOT akin to disconnecting the mains earth from your laptop, controller or PA!

Quote Originally Posted by Nakatomi View Post

Try running the laptop on battery & see if it stops the problem. If it does, maybe using a usb isolator will help. Mind then, so might disconnecting the ground wires in the xlrs at the speaker/amp end. Nb this is safe to do & IS NOT akin to disconnecting the mains earth from your laptop, controller or PA!
    Justin, would that be like using the ground lift switch fitted on many amps/ active speakers?
    I've known occasions where using that has cleared nasty noises for me.
    Excalibur. Older than the average DJ.

www.excaliburmobiledisco.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by Excalibur View Post
    Justin, would that be like using the ground lift switch fitted on many amps/ active speakers?
    I've known occasions where using that has cleared nasty noises for me.
    Yep it'll do the same thing. I think my speakers have them too. Not that I've ever had cause to use them.