Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

Thread: What type of car are you?

Default What type of car are you?

Quote Originally Posted by yourdj View Post
    I like to think I am a Tesla.
    Quote Originally Posted by Daryll View Post
    Well thats makes me a reliant robin ....
    Quote Originally Posted by Excalibur View Post
    Oh noooo! Now some idiot is going to start a thread, I just know it.
    Hello. Idiot-In-Chief reporting for duty. Well, someone had to do it. So, what type of car/van/bike/other mode of transport are you? And cos I'm in a good mood, we'll let you slip in what you'd like to have as well, but only after you've said what you are.

Me? Probably SS Continental Drift. ( 3.5T LDV Van ) Not very fast when it started life, didn't get any faster with age, but always got there somehow.

What would I like to own? Well, the perpetual eighteen year old in me wants a Mitsibishi Evo, or better still, a Nissan Skyline, with all the driver aids. ( Well at my age, I need all the help I can get. )
    Excalibur. Older than the average DJ.

www.excaliburmobiledisco.co.uk

we'll let you slip in what you'd like to have as well....

( Well at my age, I need all the help I can get. )

Sorry - couldn't resist

OK what am I....probably an original VW Beetle at the moment.....oversized, slow and wheezy at full tilt.
    What would I like to be....simples (and something I WILL one day own). a Porsche Carrera GT

You know those bubble cars from the 1960s? I'm one of them. Confusing to get into, a bit noisy & underpowered.

What would I like to own? Well, the perpetual eighteen year old in me wants a Mitsibishi Evo, or better still, a Nissan Skyline, with all the driver aids. ( Well at my age, I need all the help I can get. )
    Funny you say that I really miss my Impreza (would love a GTR), but with a (£1000 tax/insurance a year) Mercedes R class family car that aint going to happen. I would say an Impreza sums me up quite well actually. Fun, reliable, cuts corners well & makes a lot of noise, cheap to buy - expensive to run, not 100% comfortable but you sure will enjoy the ride! Oh, & still Turns heads, despite it's age.

Name:  $_86.jpg
Views: 148
Size:  133.3 KB
    Last edited by yourdj; 09-02-2018 at 01:31 PM.
    Your DJ - Mobile DJ The New Forest, Southampton & Hampshire. Toby
    https://yourdj.co.uk/

And I am a reliable, popular and extremely useful Ford Transit. No nonsense
    Banana Power Travelling Discotheque - legendary entertainment since 1966
    www.facebook.com/BananaPowerTravellingDisco

I'm probably a Tesla, very clued up on technology, likes to do everything myself even if sometimes that means I cannot do as much. Also I don't quite have that luxury high class feel, more about the creativity and innovation.

What car would I like to own... VW t6, loved my t4! Whilst I like my sprinter it's not quite the same Although I've wanted an Aston Martin for over half my life, they're just soo damn pricey and tbh after driving one I realised I'm not really a car guy.

Dorset DJ - Dorset based DJ service
    11:11 EVENTS LTD - 11:11 EVENTS LTD

As far as modes of transport go, I reckon I associate more with Concorde. Sexy and streamlined in its time but no longer in service!
    Dazzy D
    Lightning Disco & Entertainment

Born to make you party!

On the literal comments of vehicle ownership. I drove a Transit for the first time in 1969 and have owned one most of the time in various sizes and engine types. The Boogie Bus in the 70's was a double cab SWB with a Perkins 4/108 diesel engine and I actually presented my local Ford dealer (County Garage in Herne Bay) with a silver disc when it reached quarter of a million miles. This time last year I gave up the disco and sold my final one. I still miss it. I now have a little Vauxhall Combo 1.1 diesel van which does for the line dance gear and we also have a Ford B Max for domestic use.
    I would love a VW Tiguan or Touran but will probably end up with Dacia Duster. I have owned many different cars in my 50 years of driving but undoubtedly the most reliable and fun was a Subaru in the 80's.
    When I was a teenager I wanted a Lambretta or Vespa but my Dad thought they were unsafe and wanted me to have a motor bike but that didnt fit my image; so he did a deal that if I passed my driving test he would buy me a motor. I started taking lessons in December 1967 and passed my test on first attempt on my 18th birthday in March 1968 and true to his word he bought me a Ford Thames van based on the old Ford Anglia 100E side valve 3 speed gear box which cost £40. As I had by then started my dj career this was great and relieved him from being my roadie and using his Ford Consul. The only time I have ever had a brand new vehicle was when I worked for Polydor back in the late 70's when I had a series of Ford Cortina mark 3's either as saloon and then as estates. They were lovely. Will never forget that first time getting into a brand new car in Croydon where they were leased from and driving home to Herne Bay. Had to pinch myself and when I parked outside my house everyone had to come and have a look and a ride. For the next few years I lived in them doing a thousand miles a week as I toured the country's discos and radio stations.
    Banana Power Travelling Discotheque - legendary entertainment since 1966
    www.facebook.com/BananaPowerTravellingDisco