Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

Thread: ReCAPTCHA v1 End Of Life Approaching

Default ReCAPTCHA v1 End Of Life Approaching

A quick heads-up, if anyone is using Google's ReCAPTCHA v1 (the one that presents the visitor with two words / house numbers), it reaches end of life on 31st March and so any forms relying on it will stop functioning.

You should migrate to No CAPTCHA ReCAPTCHA (v2, with the checkbox) or Invisible (which is....erm...invisible).

https://developers.google.com/recaptcha/docs/faq

Thanks for sharing that Mark, I think i probably am using it on a few of my sites, need to look. I took it off my contact form as no bots have ever tested it. I also need to look into the SSL certificate issue and Chrome. Is this also something I need to sort before too long?

On a separate note who on here is good at programming as i have had a hack at some point but want it checked over as people are still trying to access the site, with what looks like a free version of my book thats available. It might actually help ranking if 100 american DJ's are trying to do that LOL.
    Your DJ - Mobile DJ The New Forest, Southampton & Hampshire. Toby
    https://yourdj.co.uk/

Quote Originally Posted by yourdj View Post
    I also need to look into the SSL certificate issue and Chrome. Is this also something I need to sort before too long?
    You need to sort that ASAP. Chrome started warning of non-secure pages if there was any for of payment or password field on it back in January 2017. They've now (since October 2017) extended that to any form with a text input that submits to a non-secure location. I've moved lots of my clients over to Let's Encrypt certs for standard stuff, or paid certs for payment pages....

Quote Originally Posted by yourdj View Post
    On a separate note who on here is good at programming as i have had a hack at some point but want it checked over as people are still trying to access the site, with what looks like a free version of my book thats available. It might actually help ranking if 100 american DJ's are trying to do that LOL.
    Using Wordpress? Surely you know if it's secure now or not? Server logs will help you see who's accessing what, and it should be easy to test it yourself....?