Quote Originally Posted by DJ Jules View Post
I've been considering paying out for the D:Fi adaptor thingy to control my freedom sticks but I'm still not sure if it's worth it or not? Part of me is tempted to put them into 50 channel mode, add another universe and play with all out pixel mapping the things. And another part of me is cringing at the thought of shoehorning another adaptor into my flight case and would much prefer to spend it's evenings doing something other than programming 200 dmx channels

What are you planning to do with them?
Been controlling the Freedoms via a Heath Robinson setup for about a year now (see photo)

Name:  IMG_0051.jpg
Views: 316
Size:  82.0 KB

What we have there is a USB dongle which is being fed by LightKeyApp on the MacBook, straight into the DiFi unit and then out to a WiFi transceiver to the fixtures. It's a complicated mess of wires which works, and works well (but requires two power adapters to work....one for the transceiver, one for the DiFi unit).

When the LightRider dongle arrives, it' a case of plugging the wireless transceiver into that, which will then be picked up wirelessly by everything else via battery dongles....simples

As for programming the Freedom sticks....yes it's a lot of effort but it's well worth it.

I've done mine to pretty much mirror my wash lighting, and have programmes which chase along and up and down the sticks. You can also (depending on the DMX software you use) just tell the sticks to use any of the built-in programs. My main reason for wanting to program them however was because I'm always losing remote controls/having batteries in the damned things going flat, and it's one less thing to have to control during the evening when everything else is already through DMX.