Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Lightrider and Art-Net

Quote Originally Posted by Imagine View Post
    It doesn't rely on venue Wi-Fi Gary. The magical box creates it's own secured Wi-Fi network. The tablet then connects to the box using this Wi-Fi network and the lights are controlled from there either via old fashioned cables or via wireless dongles.

What happens if something fails? Already onto that one (I don't do risk taking). I have a small Windows laptop with lighting software on it (everything patched to the same fixture numbers) and a completely separate USB DMX dongle for that one.
    Thanks for explaining. Appreciated.

It doesn't rely on venue Wi-Fi Gary. The magical box creates it's own secured Wi-Fi network. The tablet then connects to the box using this Wi-Fi network and the lights are controlled from there either via old fashioned cables or via wireless dongles.

What happens if something fails? Already onto that one (I don't do risk taking). I have a small Windows laptop with lighting software on it (everything patched to the same fixture numbers) and a completely separate USB DMX dongle for that one.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shakermaker Promotions View Post
    Thanks for explaining. Appreciated.
    Thanks for explaining. Baffled.
    Excalibur. Older than the average DJ.

www.excaliburmobiledisco.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by DJWilson View Post
    It's strange how there's a blackout when the Wi-Fi drops. (Wouldn't like the idea of that)!

On the Airstream I can close the app and turn the iPad off and the lights will stay in the last requested Scene or Show until it re-connects.
    OK...second time out with the LightRider app and the LR512...I'm slowly becoming impressed.

Last Friday was the first outing and the connection between the LR512 and the iPad kept dropping. The problem could only be cured by resetting the LR512 which meant the lights went out briefly (it wasn't transmitting as a Wi-Fi hub for some unknown reason). I don't know why it was dropping (suspect Wi-Fi interference) but it only appeared to happen when the app was left without any interaction (i.e. left on a background wash for more than 10 mins without something in the app being touched...almost like Wi-Fi going to sleep).

Tonight - a different story. No drop outs on the iPad (the Amazon Fire Tablet was a different story...I need to look into that one), and everything worked perfectly. The only fault I can find at the moment is that it occasionally takes a couple of seconds between pressing a button on the app and the lights responding (oh...and that I have fat fingers which aren't always registered on the touch screen). Other than that, I'm MORE than happy with the investment.

I even dared to play with some of the ad-hoc programs tonight rather than the programmes I'd saved. I'm really impressed - this particular app can only go from strength to strength.

Peter - I know you're still using old fashioned hardware controllers.....this is one you really need to look at. It does literally EVERYTHING for you and from nothing more than telling it what fixtures you're using....creates an AWESOME light show right out of the box with no programming required!

Peter - I know you're still using old fashioned hardware controllers.....this is one you really need to look at. It does literally EVERYTHING for you and from nothing more than telling it what fixtures you're using....creates an AWESOME light show right out of the box with no programming required!
    Hold on there, Musky! That's because I'm an old fashioned DJ. And you don't yet know about the awesome, old fashioned lights I just got from my friendly "local" dealer.
    Excalibur. Older than the average DJ.

www.excaliburmobiledisco.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by Excalibur View Post
    you don't yet know about the awesome, old fashioned lights I just got from my friendly "local" dealer.
    Even light screens can be controlled by LightRider (and I'm sure Aunty Wainwright hasn't sold you a set of those.....although I may be wrong....tee-hee).

Ring me AFTER lunch when I'm more awake and tell me more

Hi....i have an Art-net interface to DMX ELCBuddy. My question, can I use it with Light Rider, or Daslight4? If so, what conditions must be met to achieve this (purchases of lincenses?)?