Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

Thread: Recommendation for compact active system

Default Recommendation for compact active system

Currently own Alto TS215 x2 and 2 Alto TSSUB18 x 2 (currently on sale).

I am upgrading but going for a compact system. I'm torn between the systems below.

FBT J12a x 2
    FBT Subline 15sa x 2

FBT XLITE 12a x 2
    FBT X SUB15sa x 2

Yamaha DXR12 x 2
    Yamaha DXS15 x

RCF ART712a x 2
    RCF ART 705-as x 2

Or suggestions of a different set up but needs to be compact. I have considered line array but found the bass lacking.

Can anyone give assistance with recommendation. All of the above are within my budget.

I heard this system at BPM and was blown away by it.

If I were buying a system now, I'd choose this over an Evox 8 or CS1000 type system.

https://www.djkit.com/fbt-audio/fbt-vn2000-system.html#

Compact and well worth the money.

It'll last you years.

Hello Imran. Welcome along to what is a mine of useful information and help. Could I ask you please to pop across to the Newbies section and introduce yourself. Not only is it nice to know a bit about who we're typing to, but it can help us to tailor advice. Thanks.

To your question. I'm struggling with a set of 15" subs and 12" tops being a " compact " system. That's my Large rig.
    I'd expect all the ones you've suggested to offer a performance upgrade from the Altos, and be lighter/smaller in some respects. What I don't know is what is your average gig. Are you usually playing to two hundred 18 year olds wanting it loud, rather than under a hundred mixed age groups at a wedding, where volume isn't the main aim.

One of our number has had much success with a rig which I would describe as compact, Yamaha 8" tops over 12" subs. There is a growing trend to use eight or ten inch tops over twelve inch subs, in a trade off between ultimate performance and portability. I've heard a single sub and two RCF 310 tops blow away a larger sized six box rig at a demo.

If you can let us know a bit more about what you want your rig to do, others may come up with better ideas.
    Excalibur. Older than the average DJ.

www.excaliburmobiledisco.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by Excalibur View Post
    Hello Imran. Welcome along to what is a mine of useful information and help. Could I ask you please to pop across to the Newbies section and introduce yourself. Not only is it nice to know a bit about who we're typing to, but it can help us to tailor advice. Thanks.

To your question. I'm struggling with a set of 15" subs and 12" tops being a " compact " system. That's my Large rig.
    I'd expect all the ones you've suggested to offer a performance upgrade from the Altos, and be lighter/smaller in some respects. What I don't know is what is your average gig. Are you usually playing to two hundred 18 year olds wanting it loud, rather than under a hundred mixed age groups at a wedding, where volume isn't the main aim.

One of our number has had much success with a rig which I would describe as compact, Yamaha 8" tops over 12" subs. There is a growing trend to use eight or ten inch tops over twelve inch subs, in a trade off between ultimate performance and portability. I've heard a single sub and two RCF 310 tops blow away a larger sized six box rig at a demo.

If you can let us know a bit more about what you want your rig to do, others may come up with better ideas.

On average of 200-250 people. Medium size venues. The system needs to be lighht but., Very loud. The purpose of 12 tops is due to genre of music i play. In a small venue 12s alone will produce some bass.