Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: cost of new website

Quote Originally Posted by rth_discos View Post
    However, I'm not sure most people want a website designed.

When I speak to most people to understand why they want a website, it's because they want more enquiries/more sales.

On the basis of what you've written, website designers are the wrong people to commission, because they will just make a pretty looking website.
    I'm saying commission a professional copywriter (if you can't do a good job yourself), photographer (again, if you can't yourself) and a web designer. Or ask a "Digital Agency" / "Marketing Agency" to do it all and charge accordingly, but you'll probably end up tweaking images and text to the point that their input on that will be minimal and you'd have been cheaper with option 1 in the first place.

It's a pet hate of mine for people to expect their web designer to take the photos and write the content, that's all. I know it's just semantics, people generally refer to the person(s) "doing their website" as their web designer, but that's not always the case.
    Last edited by Marc J; 28-06-2018 at 09:12 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Marc J View Post

It's a pet hate of mine for people to expect their web designer to take the photos and write the content, that's all. I know it's just semantics, people generally refer to the person(s) "doing their website" as their web designer, but that's not always the case.
    Now bearing in mind that I know less about website design than I do about particle physics, surely the process is that the customer writes reams of purple prose, and gathers up loads of Happy Snaps taken at various times, and says to the Web Guru " Here you are. Make it look pretty, and get me lots of work from it ".

Or is that too simplistic a view? I am at heart only a simple soul.
    Excalibur. Older than the average DJ.

www.excaliburmobiledisco.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by Excalibur View Post
    Now bearing in mind that I know less about website design than I do about particle physics, surely the process is that the customer writes reams of purple prose, and gathers up loads of Happy Snaps taken at various times, and says to the Web Guru " Here you are. Make it look pretty, and get me lots of work from it ".
    Ideally, yes. But it's rarely that smooth!