Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

Thread: One to watch for....

Default One to watch for....

I've never seen this one before, but a little bit of research seems to have uncovered it as a scam.....beware!

(Please forward this to your CEO, because this is urgent. Thanks)

We are a Network Service Company which is the domain name registration center in Shanghai, China. On March 19, 2018, we received an application from Kaisu Ltd requested "imagineentertainment" as their internet keyword and China (CN) domain names (imagineentertainment.cn, imagineentertainment.com.cn, imagineentertainment.net.cn, imagineentertainment.org.cn). But after checking it, we find this name conflict with your company name or trademark. In order to deal with this matter better, it's necessary to send email to you and confirm whether this company is associated with your company or not?

Best Regards,
    Charles Liu | Service & Operations Manager
    China Registry (Head Office) | 6012, Xingdi Building, No. 1698 Yishan Road, Shanghai 201103, China
    Tel: +86-02154290702 | Fax: +86-02154290703 | Mob: +86-13816428671
    Email: [email protected]
    Web: www.chinaregistry.cn

This email contains privileged and confidential information intended for the addressee only. If you are not the intended recipient, please destroy this email and inform the sender immediately. We appreciate you respecting the confidentiality of this information by not disclosing or using the information in this email.
    Apparently they somehow then try to sell your own domain back to you (not sure how).

Quote Originally Posted by Imagine View Post
    Apparently they somehow then try to sell your own domain back to you (not sure how).
    Not quite, they try to get you to register (through them) the Chinese version(s) of your domain name, by falsely telling you that someone else is just about to...

To be fair, I'm not sure I'd be too bothered about registering domains in China!! Especially when there are domain-hijacking scams happening in this country! The best advice is that when your domain is about to expire, only re-register it through your own registrar account or, at least, through a registrar who you've visited yourself. I always got emails from a company saying "You're domain is about to expire. Don't lose it. Click here to re-register now!" only the "company" that sent the email isn't the one I register domains through and, after some very basic research, returns results showing they're a big con!!
    Dazzy D
    Lightning Disco & Entertainment

Born to make you party!

Quote Originally Posted by DazzyD View Post
    To be fair, I'm not sure I'd be too bothered about registering domains in China!!
    Isn't that a somewhat insular attitude? I mean come on, what's the name of this place?

Mobile Disco Directory. I'm off to see if I've got enough Yen down the back of the sofa to get me a Chinese website. Blimey, I've got enough Chinese lights!
    Excalibur. Older than the average DJ.

www.excaliburmobiledisco.co.uk