Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Decisions decisions....

Resident Antagonist Benny Smyth's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by rth_discos View Post
    You WILL want to dim those Wash FX lights!
    I've been told the same of my FX Par 9s, but I don't dim them. The full show has four of them and not a single grumble has occurred - in fact, quite a few examples of the opposite.

Quote Originally Posted by Imagine View Post

(both of the above will live on a pair of Gravity poles...so no more tripods!)
    Out of interest, what's your plan in terms of mounting them at the top of the pole?

I reckon that will light even the biggest of venues I work in. For smaller venues I'm thinking it's just a single FX2.....time will tell!
    1 x Wash FX + 2 x 305 barrels on one single pole with a short t-bar to mount the 305s on will manage even the larger venues, so will be a perfectly compact set up for smaller venues.

For anyone interested in the brightness, here's a couple of videos from my old Wash FX 2 (on 20% brightness!)

Last edited by rth_discos; 04-04-2018 at 05:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by rth_discos View Post
    Out of interest, what's your plan in terms of mounting them at the top of the pole?
    Going to bring the poles, the 305s and some brackets home to play this evening.

"Normally" I'd look to use top-hats, but for some reason a 35mm top hat doesn't fit on a 35mm gravity pole (well it does....but it's a to get off again), so the past couple of gigs I've used half couplers. There's also the option of using an M8 bolt in the tops of the Gravity poles, but that takes longer to faff around with on the night.

The idea of converting back to a T-Bar though.....hmmmmm.....not sure about that. I prefer the lights to be in front of me (i.e. level with the booth, which the Gravity stands achieve perfectly).

Will have a play tonight and see what I come up with.

Apart from the fact I told you on the phone yesterday I was going to be getting them

The entire light show now then consists of:
    2 x Wash FX2
    2 X Intimidator 305 barrels

(both of the above will live on a pair of Gravity poles...so no more tripods!)

I reckon that will light even the biggest of venues I work in. For smaller venues I'm thinking it's just a single FX2.....time will tell!

WOW! I love technology!
    Ahem! In post #2 I pointed out they were insanely bright, which is what I quoted from you, not the fact that they'd arrived. Do keep up at the back, please.

I see you're beginning to follow us trailblazers, even if you aren't using the same kit. My standard rig is now two Hadrons on poles. Two Crossfire XPs join them for larger gigs. Nice when you can carry your entire large lighting rig in at one trip, isn't it?
    Excalibur. Older than the average DJ.

www.excaliburmobiledisco.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by Excalibur View Post
    Ahem! In post #2 I pointed out they were insanely bright, which is what I quoted from you, not the fact that they'd arrived. Do keep up at the back, please.
    I try...but you'll have to speak slowly and use small words - I'm only a DJ doncha know

Quote Originally Posted by Excalibur View Post
    I see you're beginning to follow us trailblazers, even if you aren't using the same kit. My standard rig is now two Hadrons on poles. Two Crossfire XPs join them for larger gigs. Nice when you can carry your entire large lighting rig in at one trip, isn't it?
    I'm beginning to see the appeal.

OK - been playing tonight and have reprogrammed the entire lightshow (I LOVE Lightkey....it's SOOOOO easy)

I'm liking what I'm seeing. As already mentioned, I've HAD to dim the FX2's to 20% (my retina's are still burning even at that level!). But for a couple of lights on sticks (plus the Intimidators)....I'm well and truly impressed. My ENTIRE lightshow now lives on two poles plus a bar under the booth...how easy can it be?

The whole setup is going in on one Rock-n-Roller now (well...maybe one and a half)

Estimated setup time has gone down to around 20 minutes (shhhhh....don't tell the clients!)

Unfortunately, both gigs in April are the Retro kit (which I've spent the day inserting LED lamps into and re-wiring and soldering where needed)...that one takes....ohhhh.....10 minutes to set up once it's in the building

My ENTIRE lightshow now lives on two poles plus a bar under the booth...how easy can it be?
    I'm looking forward to seeing a picture of the set up once you've taken it out

plus a bar under the booth...how easy can it be?
    Excalibur. Older than the average DJ.

www.excaliburmobiledisco.co.uk