Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Looking for a short t-bar fitting

Default Looking for a short t-bar fitting

I'm currently using an equinox trussbooth (which I still love to bits) with a pair of 35mm outer diameter round aluminium tubes as uprights, securing them to the booth with globaltruss swivel couplers. This works well in most scenarios but I'm after being able to sling a short t-bar atop each upright pole. I can find t bars no problem but I'm really just looking for the t clamp piece, preferably in a natural metal colour or white.

Can anyone help?

Quote Originally Posted by Nakatomi View Post
    I'm currently using an equinox trussbooth (which I still love to bits) with a pair of 35mm outer diameter round aluminium tubes as uprights, securing them to the booth with globaltruss swivel couplers. This works well in most scenarios but I'm after being able to sling a short t-bar atop each upright pole. I can find t bars no problem but I'm really just looking for the t clamp piece, preferably in a natural metal colour or white.

Can anyone help?
    I'm a little confused here. If I understand correctly, two of these and one or two of these cut to length would do the job.

Or did I get it wrong?
    Excalibur. Older than the average DJ.

www.excaliburmobiledisco.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by Excalibur View Post
    I'm a little confused here. If I understand correctly, two of these and one or two of these cut to length would do the job.

Or did I get it wrong?
    Ah for square tubing that'd be the ticket but I kind of envisaged being able to do this with round section tube. Mind, g clamps on my fixtures are probably going to be much quicker to rig. Hmmm. Food for thought!

I think our learn'd friend is looking for this type of thing, with a 35mm diameter

Might be a job for Mr Sykes

Name:  SHB909-CP-G_2_medium.jpg
Views: 123
Size:  5.2 KB

Quote Originally Posted by Imagine View Post
    I think our learn'd friend is looking for this type of thing, with a 35mm diameter

Might be a job for Mr Sykes

Name:  SHB909-CP-G_2_medium.jpg
Views: 123
Size:  5.2 KB
    Aye. Similar. Very similar. I think it's looking like I need to use square section tubing for the t-bars though.

Hmmm. I dunno why I couldn't find it before but it looks like a pair of Gravity LS TB 01 will do the job just fine when they're all bared of paint. For around the same price as a couple of ultimax top castings too.

If it's just for mounting a couple of lights on (depending on the fixture and flexibility of mounting), would this work?

Quote Originally Posted by Imagine View Post
    If it's just for mounting a couple of lights on (depending on the fixture and flexibility of mounting), would this work?
    Not really. See I'm looking towards hanging a couple of movers upside down, one either side of each pole. Just my diddy ones for now but keeping an eye towards the future. The diddy ones don't seem to mind being mounted clamped to a vertical pole but their brackets do

This way I can have some of the benefits an overhead bar offers only without the whole overhead bar bit.

Oh that & the colour thing. They either need to be a natural metal colour (or white) or be made of a material I can strip paint off without needing to worry about rust or whatever.
    Last edited by Nakatomi; 05-04-2018 at 09:50 AM.

just use a 35mm top brackets as already been show/discussed and bolt a half coupler to it to clamp the tbar.

like this?

Name:  57a0b291394e3_large.jpg
Views: 131
Size:  30.1 KB

Quote Originally Posted by Chris1984 View Post
    just use a 35mm top brackets as already been show/discussed and bolt a half coupler to it to clamp the tbar.

like this?

Name:  57a0b291394e3_large.jpg
Views: 131
Size:  30.1 KB
    I'd considered that but had doubts about how stable/solid it'll be. A traditional t-bar clamp piece spreads the horizontal load over a wider area than that. Food for thought though cheers.