Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

Thread: Just got here, looking around, not too bad so far.

Default Just got here, looking around, not too bad so far.

Goodday everyone,

BJ here, been doing this since God was a boy.

Supposed to be retired now but still carrying on, weddings, corporate, kids discos, proms, 21st, 18th, agency work as well, and a twice-a-week karaoke residency - they all keep me busy.

Site seems to quiet of late on some of the forums, lets see whether we can get some life into these threads.

I was going to go on, and on, and on- but this is just to introduce myself.

So. Hi Everybody !!!

Barrie - BJtheDJ

Hello Barrie, good to have you here.

Seemingly most forums are quiet, with the rise of the dreaded Facebook. Never mind, quality over quantity.
    Excalibur. Older than the average DJ.

www.excaliburmobiledisco.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by Excalibur View Post
    Hello Barrie, good to have you here.

Seemingly most forums are quiet, with the rise of the dreaded Facebook. Never mind, quality over quantity.
    What am I doing, awake at this time of the day???? Has the world ended???

Oh! The wife's got a handyman to strip and repaint the front door and it's set the dogs off.

Facebook, sorry, can't do it. Signed up at the start and never used it and now they want me send all sorts of personal details, well that's not gonna happen

Karaoke til 1am last night; catching up on newsgroups and torrents, emails; then watching 'Walking Dead' and 'Fear the Walking Dead' and the latest episode of 'Hap & Leonard' (damn but it's good to see them almost as soon as the USofA) - shuteye at about 6.30.

Then the cacophony of dogs at about 8.15.

So, cuppa tea, biccies, watch some more tele and hope that I drift away while watching and Charlie (main bowwow) doesn't disturb me again if I do manage to get off.

Busy day today - mike cable to shorten, new long VGA cable to make, send back an eBay non-pristeen ADJ Flashback 4 which was advertised as immaculate; source some decent bolts so that I can mount an elderly Acme CTL-6 to the ceiling of my Sun/Thurs karaoke gig.

Oh! and find someone who can repair one of my Wharfedale Titan 12's which decided not to work on turn-on on Sat pm kid's gig, kids didn't notice they were to busy with Buzz Lightyear and Woody visiting and being taught ChuChuWah

more later if anybody else feels like chatting.

BJ