Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Bass-bin recommendation

Quote Originally Posted by sweetie View Post
    Can the maui 5 subs be used without the top attachements as an interim measure?
    A certain gentleman from Yorkshire will be able to answer that one accurately, but as the owner of the Maui28's I'd say the answer is a resounding no. It might be that the 5's are different, but the 28's "check" to see that everything's connected.

Quote Originally Posted by Imagine View Post
    A certain gentleman from Yorkshire will be able to answer that one accurately, but as the owner of the Maui28's I'd say the answer is a resounding no. It might be that the 5's are different, but the 28's "check" to see that everything's connected.
    I am touched by your faith, Wayne, but sadly I can't say whether the 5s will operate sub only. Whether they would add anything of value to the 12" tops, I don't know.

Due to a recent Senior Moment, I can however confirm that if you fit the tops to the Mk 1 11s the wrong way round, you only get the sub output.

Also, you don't see them very often, but dedicated bass bins were made for the 28 Mk 1, to boost the low end,and I have seen them come up sporadically on Ebay.

Your cunning plan to run one stick rig, and one three/four box seems logical enough to me. Your dilemma will be whether to buy one high grade, high output ( probably heavier ) bin, or two cheaper, lighter budget ones.
    Excalibur. Older than the average DJ.

www.excaliburmobiledisco.co.uk

I managed to pick up a used set of FBT promaxx 15sa with poles (but no covers unfortunately) for €800/£700. Think I got a really good deal as they needed to sell as a set and most people wanted to buy a single. Will probably sell one and the other will suffice for my needs. Thanks for the advice.