Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

Thread: recommendations please

Default recommendations please

ive just upgraded some of my speakers to peaveys passive with 350rsm each, i am looking to run a powered mixer to run these without a amp as i wont to make my kit as minimal as possible, i have a budget of £250 can anyone recommend a good powered mixer up to that price range please

If you run this without an amp, you wont get a lot of sound out of them.

If you want to go minimal then a controller (i.e. with mixer) and a set of actives would be the most logical option. If I have read your comment right and you want a mixer that also has audio out then something like this would do (although its only 250 watts): https://www.aliexpress.com/item/LM40...846907773.html

Name:  HTB1Fe.HicnI8KJjSsziq6z8QpXaC.jpg
Views: 153
Size:  38.0 KB
    Last edited by yourdj; 27-04-2018 at 04:03 PM.
    Your DJ - Mobile DJ The New Forest, Southampton & Hampshire. Toby
    https://yourdj.co.uk/

Tricky. If you could give us a bit more of your reasoning and aims, that might help. The big problem is finding a mixer with enough power to drive those cabs to good effect. The old Studiomasters are well regarded, whereas the Behringers don't seem to have the same output. Trouble is, they're fairly big old beasts,and don't really fit the tag " minimal ".
    Excalibur. Older than the average DJ.

www.excaliburmobiledisco.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by yourdj View Post
    If you run this without an amp, you wont get a lot of sound out of them.

I believe he means using a powered mixer (ie mixer and amp combined) to power his cabs rather than a separate amplifier. Pretty much in the same way I did for many, many years!

Quote Originally Posted by Excalibur View Post
    Tricky. If you could give us a bit more of your reasoning and aims, that might help. The big problem is finding a mixer with enough power to drive those cabs to good effect. The old Studiomasters are well regarded, whereas the Behringers don't seem to have the same output. Trouble is, they're fairly big old beasts,and don't really fit the tag " minimal ".
    Whilst StudioMasters were good, apart from the one I bought new which had a fault and burnt out one output channel on it's first and only outing!, I kind of disagree with your opinion of Berry powered mixers, from my experience at least. Well, at least the one I used to use to power two EV sx300's more than adequately! I think it was one of the EuroPower PMP range but it was when I was doing walk-ins, so it wasn't mine, and it was all flightcased to perfection. Whilst it was fairly big and heavy, it was still smaller and lighter than the G-742 workhorse that I had modified and used for years! The other thing about the Berry is that I used it for karaoke and, although it didn't have huge power on the mic channels, it did seem to help my voice sound better that the SMs. Maybe I just found it easier to tweak to get my desired sound, I don't know, but I did prefer it for the karaoke nights.
    Dazzy D
    Lightning Disco & Entertainment

Born to make you party!

Quote Originally Posted by DazzyD View Post
    I believe he means using a powered mixer (ie mixer and amp combined)
    Yep, I have posted a picture & link to such a mixer under my post? Cant find a lot out there really, that Ali Express one is the best thing I could find. Something with a class D Amp would be ideal as they manage to fit them into tiny little 8 inch things that defy physics! My little box pro 8 is so loud! He is best off selling the Peaveys and going for Yamaha DBR's or something?
    Last edited by yourdj; 29-04-2018 at 12:46 PM.
    Your DJ - Mobile DJ The New Forest, Southampton & Hampshire. Toby
    https://yourdj.co.uk/