Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

Thread: Online Accounting Solution

Default Online Accounting Solution

Does anyone use any online programs for accounting purposes - ie Xerox, Quickbooks and Sage etc ?

Any benefits to this, recommendations, opinions ?

Currently I simply use an excel spreadsheet for everything and I have to say serves me well. However, I have been getting a lot of business advice, mainly on how to streamline everything and reduce admin. Advice so far has been great so eager to try any suggestions I have been given, including the use of online accounting solutions.
    Semi-Retired Multi Award Winning DJ

www.ultimateweddingdj.co.uk

No, in a nutshell.

I tried Quickbooks but to be honest, it was too complicated for my braincell (I'm not an accountant past being able to count what's coming in and going out....I certainly don't understand a lot of terminology that Quickbooks and Sage seem to use).

Also, the prices of these online subscriptions is a lot more than giving the receipts and bank statements to my accountant - it doesn't make sense to use them.

However I used to use (until exactly three days ago) an Excel sheet to do my own bookkeeping. I say until three days ago because I've found a brilliant app for Mac which does everything I need it to do (including producing a P&L sheet) without all the fluff around the outside.

Anyone that's using a Mac and doesn't want the overcomplicated stuff - the app is called Abacus Accounts SE. It costs less than a tenner and I'm well and truly sold on it

I use Xero. It's a walk in the park!
    Nathan.

I use my own spreadsheet on Numbers that is updated in the Cloud whether I use, my phone, iPad or Mac and is updated on all three.

I use quickfile personally. There is a learning curve but its free until you reach 1000 transactions a year or something like that do worth giving it a go.

Once you get into it with automated bank feeds etc it's around £70 a year.

Dorset DJ - Dorset based DJ service
    11:11 EVENTS LTD - 11:11 EVENTS LTD