Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

Thread: I'm impressed!

Default I'm impressed!

OK, it's nothing to get too excited about.

An retired DJ friend of mine was having a clearout a couple of weeks ago and came across an old WildTech Orbiter. Mine for a tenner....well why not - it's something to put a bit of movement onto the floor for the Retro show I thought (having only seen YouTube videos of it in action and liking the patterns).

It's arrived today (he actually moved away a while ago) and bloomin' eck it's bright! (well....it has got a 250w discharge in it!).
    Just replaced the white mirror he'd stuck in it for an original dichloric jobby so it's all original and can't wait until the next Retro Roadshow now....that's the only overhead light I'm taking with me!

We've had a number of different effects of theirs since they came out. Still use them occasionally.

Particularly like the Hallucination (very similar to the orbiter, but a water style effect), once used one to light an entire marquee
    Steve Mad, bad & dangerous to know www.corabar.co.uk
    Better to study for one hour with the wise, than to drink wine with the foolish.
    The opinions of Corabar Steve are not necessarily those of Corabar Entertainment, or any of its subsidiaries

Quote Originally Posted by Corabar Steve View Post
    We've had a number of different effects of theirs since they came out. Still use them occasionally.

Particularly like the Hallucination (very similar to the orbiter, but a water style effect), once used one to light an entire marquee
    I had Virusators, nice gentle effect, effing heavy.
    Excalibur. Older than the average DJ.

www.excaliburmobiledisco.co.uk