Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Outdoor event

Quote Originally Posted by Excalibur View Post
    Sadly, Toby may easily have guessed correctly earlier.
    There is always a first for something.

Being AC it would not be that your too far away from the generator, so it was probably just the load on it. Chances are they have a few microwaves in the kitchen or a load of toilets all using the hand dryers at once, something like that. Looks at what your amp draws and consider a different system for marquees perhaps? Class D as I have said would be my first choice: https://www.thomann.de/gb/the_tamp_d4500.htm. Also add up all the other kit you have and take out the power hungry lights etc.
    Your DJ - Mobile DJ The New Forest, Southampton & Hampshire. Toby
    https://yourdj.co.uk/

Quote Originally Posted by Excalibur View Post
    You misunderstand, Toby. I'm not talking about it running the night when the power goes off, but simply for it to take out any nasties from an errant generator, and in the case of a cut, to allow you a controlled switch off.

Aha! And there we may have the answer. Sadly, Toby may easily have guessed correctly earlier.

It's possible that the load on the generator was too high, and caused the voltage to drop, which your amp didn't like. I don't know if switching amps are voltage sensitive. It certainly sounds an interesting problem.
    Yes that's what I was advised never had that problem before guy told me it probably has a cheap convertor.
    Anyway thanks fortunately noone noticed .