Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: cheap webhosting any ideas ?

Quote Originally Posted by CRAZY K ROADSHOW View Post
    If you want a big International Company try http://www.clara.net

I have used them and they are good--but as I have found out recently dont support Microsoft Front Page extensions which for me is a pain--unless I pay more money.

I cant use responder type forms unless I shell out more money--but Richie is solving the problem--hopefully!

CRAZY K
    You are right Alan big is not always best
    For Karaoke & Discos in Torbay & South Devon
    http://www.starmaker2000disco.co.uk

www.awardspace.com freeeeeee PHP!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by dj-jaym View Post
    collin is your company a registered company ?
    Quote Originally Posted by colinm345 View Post
    Our company is a subsidiary of our other registered companies
    I presume that SLA means Service Level Agreement this does not appear to be a problem as Pipex appear to offer 100% uptime,but as things are of a technical nature I would be a fool to guarantee this as anyone would
    Btw we can also use ASP

Let's put DJ-JayM's question another way:

What is the Company Registration Number of either Electroniques, or the Company who uses "Electroniques" as it's trading name?

Quote Originally Posted by A1DL View Post

Let's put DJ-JayM's question another way:

What is the Company Registration Number of either Electroniques, or the Company who uses "Electroniques" as it's trading name?
    Seems like 20 questions 2 me ,suffice to say Electrniques is a joint venture company owned by Electro Entertainments,Reemicks,and starmaker2000,all of whom are registered

Seems like 20 questions 2 me ,suffice to say Electrniques is a joint venture company owned by Electro Entertainments,Reemicks,and starmaker2000,all of whom are registered
    I think what Tony was getting it, and what JayM wanted to know was is it a registered company, rather then registered for tax purposes.

Quote Originally Posted by Solitaire Entertainments Ltd View Post
    I think what Tony was getting it, and what JayM wanted to know was is it a registered company, rather then registered for tax purposes.
    spot on Daz, exactly what I was asking.

it's worrying that nowadays anyone can resell web hosting and telecommunications.

our bad experience went like this:

about 5 years ago we ported our freephone from BT to a company called Telemark. all was well and good for the first 2½ years, until they were selling more freephone numbers than they had bandwidth (or whatever the tech term is) for. The result was a delay of up to 12 seconds between the caller dialing the last digit and the phone ringing here.

During the first 2½ years or so we saved about £1,500 per annum on call costs, HOWEVER when it all went Pete Tong, our call volumes dropped to about 17% of the average run rate for nearly SIX WEEKS whilst we got the number ported back to good old BT.

It turned out that "Telemark" was a shoestring operation, run by 2 women from one of their front rooms

Coming back to selling web hosting, a little googling shows there are thousands of small timers doing this, probably "on the side" whilst working in Maplins or McDonalds .

The service may be cheap, but do you trust your business to them, when the going gets tough do they simply blame the company they are buying bulk hosting from, or do they take ownership of the problem?

So JayM is absolutely right to be cautious.

Stick with the big names, BT, Demon, etc - you'll pay a little more but if you pay peanuts.......

Yes A1DL we are registered and I do not care for your tone

Admin can you please step in and Stop A1dl making insulting comments like this please

Admin can you please step in and Stop A1dl making insulting comments like this please
    Colin

calm down my friend, read the post again - there are no insulting comments directed at anybody.

I have given a real example of a situation we experienced, and highlighted the prudence in checking out the thoroughbred of a company before purchasing telecoms or web hosting.

Colin

As far as I can see, this wasn't aimed at you, but smaller unprofessional companies, as he has been burnt before by one.

However, Tony, please try not to tar everyone with the same brush, as I'm sure there are lots of small independant companies who are very professional and look after their customers.

Well sorry I find it in very very bad taste,and very unbusinesslike