Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

Thread: Laptop and eBay

Default Laptop and eBay

My laptop is a HP EliteBook 8560w it's in great condition, fitted with a CORE i7 processor, 16.0 GB of RAM, runs Windows 7 Pro 64-bit operating system, and the hard drive has been upgraded to a 500 GB SSD unit. As you can imagine from the spec, it's a quick computer, which as never given me an ounce of trouble all the time I've owned it. A few days ago (3 or 4) I noticed it was running quite warm, the fan was running continuously and it had slowed down considerably. I shut it down, let it cool off and restarted it and all was OK. The following day it did the same again, and once more I turned it off, let it cool down and it was OK again as before, later on that day, it did the same again but this time I realised what was triggering the over heating, it was eBay Every time I went on it, it got hot in around 10 mins, but cooled down again when I closed eBay or visited another website. No other sites, or programs like the notoriously resource hungry 'Photoshop' cause it to heat up. Has anyone else noticed their computer doing similar if you're on eBay, or know why it should be happening, better still, know how to fix it. Any help would be much appreciated, Thanks in advance of any advice.
    Inside every old person, is a young person wondering 'What The Hell Happened'. Tempus Fugit

Disco 4 Hire

I have also noticed a difference in the last two weeks especially when you load the my eBay section - takes ages and I have an I7 2.7 quad core with 16gb ram. I think it must have something to do with all the adds its running in the background or something. Either way its taking ages to load. Also I have found i can't see an ad after it has ended, so they have made some serious changes,.

Try Chrome is my best suggestion as that seems to work better than most other browsers.
    Your DJ - Mobile DJ The New Forest, Southampton & Hampshire. Toby
    https://yourdj.co.uk/

Not being someone who frequents Fleabay that often....

Are they using a lot of Flash by any chance? It's a massive memory hogger (the reason Apple banned it from Safari).
    If it's any consolation, using Safari on the likes of Facebook can have the same effect at times.

Quote Originally Posted by Imagine View Post
    Not being someone who frequents Fleabay that often....

Are they using a lot of Flash by any chance? It's a massive memory hogger (the reason Apple banned it from Safari).
    If it's any consolation, using Safari on the likes of Facebook can have the same effect at times.
    Yes I think so, its the one big ad along the top that might be the main culprit. My Ebay seems to use the Google memory thing as it has DJ kit on my one.

I just logged on to Ebay, my laptop was ticking away just fine.

Loaded My Ebay and the wheel started spinning, 5 seconds later this pops up and the fans start going full pelt!!

Name:  1.jpg
Views: 85
Size:  44.3 KB