OK, so some of you may know that I mostly do lighting, but I still DJ 15-20 times a year. Very much mainstream party pop, mainly just one track after another with nothing fancy at all. Still using a mixture of CDs and digital using some slightly ropey Denon kit which I'm not very fond of.

For info I'm mostly still using an old coffin flightcase with 2 x DN-S5000 CD players and a DN-X1500 mixer, with a separate flightcase with an MC6000 and laptop running Traktor LE that I link in to one of the channels on the DN-X1500. Bonkers way of doing it but I've not got around to rearranging and just running through the MC6000. All of this kit was bought secondhand without much research and it's big, heavy, old, overly complex, unreliable etc!

Ideally I'd swap to just digital, but the way I DJ means I still find the CDs very useful. I'm considering changing my playout system for something smaller, lighter, simpler and more reliable than I've already got. I really know very little about this kind of stuff and to be honest it doesn't really interest me at all! Of course I want to spend as little as possible but realistically I'm prepared to spend a fair amount if it gets me what I need. Decent brands only, I still want this to function prefectly in 10 years time and to have good sound quality etc. Happy to consider secondhand kit if it's genuinely in good nick. Oh, and I'd happily change away from Traktor LE but know nothing at all about the software side of things.

Now I know people will suggest all sorts of bits of kit, could you please keep it relatively simple and on thread, assume I know nothing but I have got a brain! It might be best to ask me for more info before suggesting kit, I don't know. Don't really know what it's likely to cost me but for the right bit(s) of kit I'd consider going up to £1000 or so if neccessary.

Thanks in advance!