Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: GIG Cancelled :(

Default GIG Cancelled :(

http://www.gentingarena.co.uk/whats-on/gig

Absolutely gutted. I was looking forward to this.

Quote Originally Posted by Nakatomi View Post
    http://www.gentingarena.co.uk/whats-on/gig

Absolutely gutted. I was looking forward to this.
    Whaaaa!!!!!?????!!?!?!?!!?!??

A Yorkshireman owes me a whole keg of bloody ale and a 4am finish!

Apparently Mr FBT got the official letter about it yesterday.....this is sad news
    Last edited by Imagine; 16-06-2018 at 03:08 PM.

Sadder still is the news that Marked Events has had to go into liquidation

People who've worked tirelessly (not to mention almost thanklessly) to improve our industry are out of jobs.

That's very sad news, on many levels.
    Excalibur. Older than the average DJ.

www.excaliburmobiledisco.co.uk

Maybe it just got too big for its own good.

Smaller, focused event perhaps, a la Doncaster Racecourse a couple of years ago, or Elesecar some years ago?

Quote Originally Posted by mattydj50 View Post
    Maybe it just got too big for its own good.

Smaller, focused event perhaps, a la Doncaster Racecourse a couple of years ago, or Elesecar some years ago?
    Maybe. Maybe.

But have you ever tried to organise a thing & get DJs to come along? Oh man. Even with the lure of giving them knowhow for free & special offers it feels like an exercise in futility. Aka must be what herding cats feels like.

Maybe. Maybe.

But have you ever tried to organise a thing & get DJs to come along? Oh man. Even with the lure of giving them knowhow for free & special offers it feels like an exercise in futility. Aka must be what herding cats feels like.
    But isn't this what was once BPM? Then, surely, they would have had a ready-made audience because BPM was always popular.
    Dazzy D
    Lightning Disco & Entertainment

Born to make you party!

Quote Originally Posted by DazzyD View Post
    But isn't this what was once BPM? Then, surely, they would have had a ready-made audience because BPM was always popular.
    If parts of it are actually profitable the receiver/administrators will likely sell them off as a going concerns to interested parties, but unfortunately being popular doesn't automatically make it profitable.
    Inside every old person, is a young person wondering 'What The Hell Happened'. Tempus Fugit

Disco 4 Hire

have you ever tried to organise a thing & get DJs to come along?
    Yes and its impossible. I gave up organising workshops a long time ago. The Promobile Conference should have been a sell out every year (same company) but The DJ market is so hard to get people to attend, even as you say when its almost free (BPM). Lets hope something gets sorted out and it carries on, for the sake of the Promobile Mag, BPM, Promobile Conference, Marks excellent workshops and what it gives to this industry.
    Your DJ - Mobile DJ The New Forest, Southampton & Hampshire. Toby
    https://yourdj.co.uk/

Quote Originally Posted by yourdj View Post
    Yes and its impossible. I gave up organising workshops a long time ago. The Promobile Conference should have been a sell out every year (same company) but The DJ market is so hard to get people to attend, even as you say when its almost free (BPM). Lets hope something gets sorted out and it carries on, for the sake of the Promobile Mag, BPM, Promobile Conference, Marks excellent workshops and what it gives to this industry.
    The big problem with ProMobile conference is that a LOT of people in this industry (around 99%) think they know everything and refuse to listen to others, let alone actually pay for the advice (heaven forfend!). If only they'd realise that this sort of thing can and DOES change how you think about things....the DJ world would have a hell of a lot less bitterness and willy waving and a lot more people actually earning a decent living from what they do....and doing it PROFESSIONALLY

BPM was pretty much free to everyone (so long as you were a member of associations like SEDA/NADJ etc.), if not, the cost was minimal. I would imagine most of the costs of putting that one on were covered by the exhibitors. The HUGE mistake last year (at least in my mind) was having DJKit as the exclusive retailer. I was looking to buy a couple of things from specific suppliers that were normally there, and couldn't do it on-site last year.

Whether any of the business is recoverable....who knows. Having seen the last P&L sheet filed at companies house....I'd say probably no.

As much good as Mark did for this game....my feelings at the moment are rapidly turning from sympathy to anger. The fact he took loads of deposits for next year's ProMobile KNOWING the company was in trouble is really eating at me at the moment (because that's £100 I'm never going to see again). Their bank actually filed a charge against them last December so it wasn't unexpected to have the rug pulled eventually.