Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Food/Drink Requirements

Quote Originally Posted by ukpartydj View Post
    If you're concerned about keeping it cool = coolbox
    I usually put my sandwiches in the venue fridge behind the bar at most of my venues along with any coffee etc. Makes a nice treat on a bit of downtime if not then I eat it on the way home or the next day. Each to their own, but I am used to eating smaller portions and more healthy foods I don't see the problem missing a 'hot meal', but they could always bring a small microwave & a deep fat fryer, flight cased up behind the booth ready for dinner time! On that note I have tonight off, so going to the pub to work off the goodness of a 2-3 mile walk yesterday, I still have not got down to it, but this thread is making more determined to get down the gym, but I just cant be arsed.
    Last edited by yourdj; 03-08-2018 at 03:35 PM.
    Your DJ - Mobile DJ The New Forest, Southampton & Hampshire. Toby
    https://yourdj.co.uk/

Quote Originally Posted by yourdj View Post
    I usually put my sandwiches in the venue fridge behind the bar at most of my venues along with any coffee etc. Makes a nice treat on a bit of downtime if not then I eat it on the way home or the next day. Each to their own, but I am used to eating smaller portions and more healthy foods I don't see the problem missing a 'hot meal', but they could always bring a small microwave & a deep fat fryer, flight cased up behind the booth ready for dinner time! On that note I have tonight off, so going to the pub to work off the goodness of a 2-3 mile walk yesterday, I still have not got down to it, but this thread is making more determined to get down the gym, but I just cant be arsed.
    That's actually not a bad idea. If you want to be a little more discreet, for £35 you could get a portable induction hob then you can make yourself a fresh pasta salad, hot soup, stirfry or whatever your heart desires!

Guest: "what are you doing back there"
    Me: "mixing".... the pasta sauce in

Dorset DJ - Dorset based DJ service
    11:11 EVENTS LTD - 11:11 EVENTS LTD

Not many can be a**ed in this weather. I make sure I go out on the mountain bike as there are lots of decent places around here to get the legs burning.

I've read through all the posts on here again, and I can see both sides but....I veer towards the "If I know I am going to be out all day, I prepare something in advance, or make sure I am 'stocked up' side" so that I don't get hungry. Believe it or not, I may be one of the chunky ones, but I do not scoff myself, or over eat. It is just my natural frame and all my family have the same shape.....but anyway, that's beside the point....I don't eat a lot, simple. I've never been one for kebabs, McDonalds or Burger King type places and it's rare that I'll get a takeaway. I've always been like that. My problem is that I only get hungry when it is at silly o'clock in the morning after a gig and that's unfortunate (or has been unfortunate). I can't and won't make myself eat if I am not hungry so............maybe that is why I am not bothered at all as to whether I am provided with food or not.

Since I took a break from DJing, I have changed things around regarding my eating habits and so I now actually behave like a 'normal' person (whatever 'normal' is?). I don't eat later than 8.00pm so maybe, when I am back in the swing of things again, and back DJing regularly (if that ever happens), I'll no doubt revert to what I was doing before.

I'm not saying everybody that insists or has it in their terms and conditions regarding being provided with food, is wrong.....no, not at all. It's just NOT something I would even think about having in my terms and conditions. If you do a days work, you prepare for it and make sure you have food. If I were doing an all day function, I would put something in my terms and conditions about taking time out during the day to have some food. I wouldn't say that the customer had to provide it, hot or cold or whatever.... Just let me have a break so I can go and get away from the decks and eat whatever I've bought with me. If I am offered food (which did happen a lot), I probably wouldn't eat anything anyway (which happened 99.9% of the time).

Quote Originally Posted by Shakermaker Promotions View Post
    Not many can be a**ed in this weather.
    Just went for an hour walk, man I am dripping with sweat.
    Went to Tesco en route and the aircon really was nice.

Sod the gym, bring on the pub!
    Your DJ - Mobile DJ The New Forest, Southampton & Hampshire. Toby
    https://yourdj.co.uk/

Quote Originally Posted by ukpartydj View Post
    That's actually not a bad idea. If you want to be a little more discreet, for £35 you could get a portable induction hob then you can make yourself a fresh pasta salad, hot soup, stirfry or whatever your heart desires!

Guest: "what are you doing back there"
    Me: "mixing".... the pasta sauce in
    You lot need to become Scout leaders and get one of these (and yes....I HAVE taken mine and used it in the back of the van in the past to heat things like beans). In fact I've been known to sit in the middle of a snow covered field in the past (not with the disco I might add), and cook a three course meal on one of these things

Just went for an hour walk, man I am dripping with sweat.
    What - a whole HOUR?
    I spent yesterday reluctantly being walked around an empty reservoir in the Derbyshire Peak District (not easy when both knee ligaments "blow" after a couple of miles....we covered TEN miles!). I think I'm due several pints to work that one off!
    Last edited by Imagine; 03-08-2018 at 11:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Imagine View Post

What - a whole HOUR?
    I spent yesterday reluctantly being walked around an empty reservoir in the Derbyshire Peak District (not easy when both knee ligaments "blow" after a couple of miles....we covered TEN miles!). I think I'm due several pints to work that one off!

Ten miles? Good to see you're getting some training in for the annual BPM yomp.
    Excalibur. Older than the average DJ.

www.excaliburmobiledisco.co.uk

Hi, I always request instead fry food of steamed cooked..I say them that I have problems with stomach. But I just follow diet and don't want to be ugly and I ask them if possible to buy a half of portision and pay only half of. Unfortunately not everywhere staff can do what I want! So to deal with this issue I found apps review
 and I'm going to choose one and notice every place where it's possible because visit only one place is boring My question to you guys do you know such places?

Resident Antagonist Benny Smyth's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Benny Smyth View Post
    As for all day events, I ask for a meal. I don't expect (or want, to be honest) the full three courses but I would like something and am happy (actually prefer) to eat away from the guests so I can have a bit of a break.
    I've changed my approach on this slightly. I now say to clients that if they provide me with a meal, it would be most appreciated but it's perfectly fine if they don't. If it's the latter, then I may have to leave site to quickly get some food but I will leave the music playing in my absence. 99.9% of the time, that will work perfectly fine but if something goes wrong, or timings change, then I can't do anything about it until I return.

Quote Originally Posted by Benny Smyth View Post
    I've changed my approach on this slightly. I now say to clients that if they provide me with a meal, it would be most appreciated but it's perfectly fine if they don't. If it's the latter, then I may have to leave site to quickly get some food but I will leave the music playing in my absence. 99.9% of the time, that will work perfectly fine but if something goes wrong, or timings change, then I can't do anything about it until I return.
    Now, you see Benny, I have a problem with that. It reads to me like the threat of " if you don't feed me, I'm going to wander off for an hour at some point ", which means I won't be on hand all the time. That to me is wrong. My pitch is that when I arrive, I stay all day, to the bitter end.

If the kit's switched on, I want to be within easy reach of it for various reasons. The only occasion where I might consider it reasonable to leave would be if I hadn't started playing at all, and even then it's unlikely.
    Excalibur. Older than the average DJ.

www.excaliburmobiledisco.co.uk

What's wrong with working on the assumption the customer won't feed us & ply us with drink - so we make our own arrangements ? I've lost count of the number of times I've been promised lovely burgers & god only knows what, only to be forgotten about & left feeling disappointed. So now I just assume I won't be fed & watered. It's just easier that way & a welcome bonus if I am