Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Food/Drink Requirements

Quote Originally Posted by Benny Smyth View Post
    So what's the alternative? Luke warm cheese sandwiches made at home eight hours ago. Or maybe those sugar filled breakfast bars. The thing is that if one doesn't look after themselves properly, you could end up eating food that should be have been refrigerated but has instead been in your lunchbox and could make you ill for the rest of the evening, or just consuming food that will pile on the pounds and will make you ill in the long term.
    Oh Benny, Benny, Benny! Get with the programme. One of those coolboxes, ( powered, or ice pack ) filled with sugar free drinks, unsalted nuts, fruit, pulses and salad. One whacking great , or multiple smaller flasks with a hot drink of choice, and maybe even one filled with healthy and nutritious home made soup. The world is your mollusc.

That's pretty much what I'm supposed to do. Oh how I miss the days of Mars Bars ( A Mars a day helps you Work, Rest and Play ) fry ups, Maccy Ds and meat pies from the petrol stations.

Quote Originally Posted by Benny Smyth View Post
    Either I'm reading that wrong, or you (the 'Venue') saw value in offering the two chaps (the 'Suppliers') food and drink during their 8 hours there while advocating that a DJ on a 14 hour day should look after themselves?
    Ooh no Benny. Gary was following etiquette and being polite, even though he guessed they would have already made provision ( of provisions) as they are wont to do.
    Last edited by Excalibur; 05-06-2019 at 05:17 PM.
    Excalibur. Older than the average DJ.

www.excaliburmobiledisco.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by Excalibur View Post
    Oh Benny, Benny, Benny! Get with the programme. One of those coolboxes, ( powered, or ice pack ) filled with sugar free drinks, unsalted nuts, fruit, pulses and salad. One whacking great , or multiple smaller flasks with a hot drink of choice, and maybe even one filled with healthy and nutritious home made soup. The world is your mollusc.
    100% what our learn'd grumpy friend says!

I have a cool box with ice blocks, and fill it with things like pasta salad, nuts, bottles of water etc. In the winter, a couple of flasks of soup and some bread (in a cool pack). Maybe it's my training as a Scout Leader and survival skills but I can happily go all day on stuff that's rich in the right nutrients and energy levels. It's a lot healthier than some of the rubber chikkin I see guests eating at weddings

As for sugary snacks and meat pies.....not anymore. Since ProMobile where the legendary Roger Knight stood on stage with a whacking great speaker cab to demonstrate how much weight he'd lost....I'd managed to shed my first stone in weight and I'm well on the way to another.

Name:  IMG_20190602_220316_953.jpg
Views: 227
Size:  38.1 KB

My rather tasty meal from Saturday, served at 5pm.

Was perfect.

Nice starter. What was for main course?

Starter from last week
    Name:  20190524_160944.jpg
Views: 205
Size:  48.9 KB
    Main Course
    Name:  20190524_164557.jpg
Views: 209
Size:  37.6 KB

I should follow this up with an actual reply to the question. Of course it is nice to be fed if you are on an all-day booking.
    I never ask to be fed, if the client asks during a meeting if I require food on the day I will thank them and accept, if it is not mentioned then I will simply take something with me. The exception being my regular venue (see photos above) where unless already agreed they will always supply me with a plate of sandwiches