Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Evolve 50's - anybody used them?

Hmmm I thought I'd replied so apologies if this appears somewhere else too.

As for "oomph" how much air are you guys actually looking to move?

Admittedly my work now is 97.5% weddings, the rest corporate so I'm not doing bam jam 18ths or raves but in 3+ years of using my Nano 600s which I'm sure aren't a patch volume and bass wise on what's out there now, I've never once been asked to turn them up.

I am hiring a nexo rig for next weekend but that's a 300-400 person do in a massive marquee so not a "standard" wedding gig but even if I was doing a dozen of these things a year, it still makes more sense for me to hire in a big rig and keep a portable light stick shot for everything else

Sorry I should have concluded: the stick systems are never going to sound as full as a sub and top set up but for mobile work, I really can't see much except really big jobs needing anything else.

Quote Originally Posted by Imagine View Post
    CS1000's - I don't do organised religion (in fact, my dealer 100% agrees with me on that one...the market is now flooded with FBT stuff and I'm really not a sheep!)

Any other sensible ideas?
    The only 'compact' speaker system that has stood out to me recently is the FBT (sorry!) VN2000 package

I heard this at BPM and WOW!

It has much more punch than the typical 'stick' systems - yet still looks elegant with its 2 x 6inch cones.

And the 12" subs means that you still get a nice bassline from it - without anything that will offend the older guests at a wedding.

Yes, it's a bit heavier in total (although only 23kg for each sub) - but I guess that's the trade off. Yet still retains the 'elegant' look - and can still be carried upstairs easily.

I think that's the next step up for you to see a decent improvement, without a 'large' system.

Reopening an old-ish thread here....but I took the plunge and actually purchased a set of the EV50s (at a much lower price than the now reduced UK price too I might add!).

Tonight was the first night out on the road with them....in the venue where I used the promotional free hire pair....WOW!!!!!
    The big difference, I'd had them since Monday and had the time to properly EQ them rather than use them on the settings which the last "hirer" had used them on.

I was impressed!

Bear in mind I thought they struggled last time out, the fine tuning I'd done at home really worked, and there was plenty of room to spare as well (the settings for this particular venue have now been saved as one of my defaults).

The promo pair kept hitting the limiter last time around. Now I don't have to watch for the limiter I might add....there's a bluetooth app which will alert you to the fact you're pushing them too hard via the phone. I don't even have to watch the phone though....my hearing aids stream any alerts from the phone so I can instantly HEAR if I'm pushing too hard....clever eh?

I think I'm going to have some fun with these .