Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: wiring a vintage Citronic Hawaii MK1 power lead plug.

Deleted!

Quote Originally Posted by Mattysounds View Post
    Attachment 18653

Hello there, this should help you with it, let me know how you get on.
    Many thanks
    Matthew

Wired it as you said and BINGO!! It sprang to life.
    Both turntables work, light works, dont have amp and speakers yet but the headphone moniter works and both decks sound awesome.
    Thank you Mathew.

All sorted now guys, thank you so much for ALL your input.

Its great to be ab le to join a forum and get answers to questions us lay people have no knowledge of.

Quote Originally Posted by true blue View Post
    All sorted now guys, thank you so much for ALL your input.

Its great to be ab le to join a forum and get answers to questions us lay people have no knowledge of.
    It may be working, but it an A/C current you are supplying which alternates its polarity 50 times a second, it would work which ever orientation the L and N were wired, but assuming you have followed the picture, you have wired it incorrectly. As I previously indicated it's a socket NOT a plug and should be wired as such with the L+ wire going to the RIGHT hand terminal when viewed from the FRONT (with the E at the top) Think of it as if you're plugging in a kettle to a socket in the kitchen, if you have ever changed a fuse (L+) you will know it on the right hand side viewed from the top and this is the side you connect to in the socket when also viewed from the front (outside)
    Inside every old person, is a young person wondering 'What The Hell Happened'. Tempus Fugit

Disco 4 Hire

Quote Originally Posted by Pe7e View Post
    I beg to differ, it's not a plug, it's another socket. Conventionally plugs are gendered male and sockets are gendered female. Legally you can't have a plug on both ends of a cable the protruding (potentially) live conductors would be dangerous, presumably the cable in question has a UK 13A style plug fitted to connect it to the power source. I totally accept you 'plug it in' to the equipment, but what you are actually doing is plugging a socket into a plug not the other way round.

Okay, I see what you are saying now.

I will change it over. It's easy to do so.

I will bow to the superior knowledge you guys obviously have.

Thank you so much,

Quote Originally Posted by Pe7e View Post
    It may be working, but it an A/C current you are supplying which alternates its polarity 50 times a second, it would work which ever orientation the L and N were wired, but assuming you have followed the picture, you have wired it incorrectly. As I previously indicated it's a socket NOT a plug and should be wired as such with the L+ wire going to the RIGHT hand terminal when viewed from the FRONT (with the E at the top) Think of it as if you're plugging in a kettle to a socket in the kitchen, if you have ever changed a fuse (L+) you will know it on the right hand side viewed from the top and this is the side you connect to in the socket when also viewed from the front (outside)
    That's an excellent explanation, and I suspect Pete's right.

Okay, I see what you are saying now.

I will change it over. It's easy to do so.

I will bow to the superior knowledge you guys obviously have.

Thank you so much,
    I ask again, were the terminals not marked?
    Excalibur. Older than the average DJ.

www.excaliburmobiledisco.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by Excalibur View Post
    That's an excellent explanation, and I suspect Pete's right.

I ask again, were the terminals not marked?
    No markings inside the plug or the outside for that matter, so no clues.

No markings inside the plug or the outside for that matter, so no clues.
    Right lads, hard as it may be to believe, I'm sitting in Davesounds Towers, with a multitude of said plugs and sockets in front of me. Contrary to what might appear, Matthew did indeed have it right initially. Well done Matthew.
    Excalibur. Older than the average DJ.

www.excaliburmobiledisco.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by Excalibur View Post
    Right lads, hard as it may be to believe, I'm sitting in Davesounds Towers, with a multitude of said plugs and sockets in front of me. Contrary to what might appear, Matthew did indeed have it right initially. Well done Matthew.
    Take a look at this and decide for yourselves, we could both be correct I think, apparently Bulgin is an American business and the USA orientate the E to the bottom, my brain's starting to hurt and this is defiantly my last post on the subject

Bulgin Museum of plugs and sockets.
    Last edited by Pe7e; 20-08-2018 at 11:53 PM.
    Inside every old person, is a young person wondering 'What The Hell Happened'. Tempus Fugit

Disco 4 Hire