Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: A really stupid question

spot on Excalibur , it's for a pub gig on nye, they have numerous rooms , and want music in two of them !
    always remember, you're unique, just like everyone else......

Quote Originally Posted by mike8863 View Post
    spot on Excalibur , it's for a pub gig on nye, they have numerous rooms , and want music in two of them !
    Well then that shouldn't be a problem so long as the power for both rooms is on the same mains phase. If it's not... Things could get nasty. Same if there are differences in earth potential between rooms. You may find you need to lift the AUDIO ground connection to stop hum. Note the capitalised AUDIO there. Never EVER disconnect a mains earth connection.

I can't actually answer your question, but I have run into a few speakers in the past with no noticeable difference.

A digital audio sender might be your friend here? It will look better and will not cause any obstructions etc. These are reasonably expensive, but you can get them very cheap these days? If you have a lapel mic system you can use it the opposite way round and plug the lapel into the mixer output and have the box (receiver) where the speaker is. I do this a lot when MCing weddings as i can then control the music from floor level and have the speaker in the gallery. I believe it runs in Mono on my system though, which is not that noticeable?? Its never failed.

Having said that in many circumstances (especially an event as big as NYE) you might want to limit and technical failures and a cable is always the best option.

Name:  preview.jpg
Views: 335
Size:  13.1 KB
    Your DJ - Mobile DJ The New Forest, Southampton & Hampshire. Toby
    https://yourdj.co.uk/

thankyou all for your assistance.
    always remember, you're unique, just like everyone else......

I would hope the likelyhood of one system failing is such a rare event that a even 30 second delay in the entertainment is passable. I guess the problem is that your mic would also fail for the duration as you must have it plugged into your controller.
    I take a different aproach that is a backup laptop & controller that isn't setup and under the linklely event things should go wrong during the gig (customer spilling a pint over the laptop etc.) then I can boot up the spare laptop in under 60 seconds.
    I have a small mixer I use for the controller output, wireless mic's and my wired mic.

Because the both sources are driven probably by an operational amplifier then that output is low impedance (or nearly a short).
    So connecting two together will just short each other out.

You would need to disconnect the faulty output from the amp connect the other output to make it work again.
    Or as others have said use two separate inputs on the speakers.