Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

Thread: Equinox Star Cloth Broke

Default Equinox Star Cloth Broke

Hello,

The other day at a gig my LED star cloth (EQLED12B) didn't switch on, I moved the controller box and the lights flickered, so I figured it was a loose wire. I tried to see if there was anything obvious and then this came loose:

Name:  IMG_20180829_132939741.jpg
Views: 898
Size:  52.5 KB

So, what I want to know is, how do I put these back in?

Name:  IMG_20180829_132927892.jpg
Views: 919
Size:  23.3 KB

I've tried to find a diagram to see which wire goes where in the connector without any luck, any help would be gratefully received!

Thanks

Name:  Untitled.jpg
Views: 1127
Size:  45.3 KB

Voila!

I hope you're good at soldering!

I may have repaired one or two of these awful things one or two times Not my own I might add - I blimmin hate the things.

FYI don't hurry this job. Get some 3mm diameter heatshrink (preferably with a 2:1 shrink ratio) tubing & before you solder the wires onto the connector, slide the heatshink onto the wire. Once the wire is soldered to the connector, slide the heatshrink tubing along & apply heat to shrink it. This will afford the connections a little more strain relief.

Or you could, as I was often temped to do - just ditch the crap cheap multiway connector & replace it with a 5 pin Neutrik XLR plug & socket combo.

Thank you ever so much for that! My dad is taking on the role of chief fixer as I'm useless with this kind of thing.

Default Similar issue with star cloth

Hello, I had a similar problem with the plug coming off of which I was able to remedy using your wiring diagram so many thanks

Since the repair the cloth still isn’t working, when I switch it on all of the lights come on momentarily very dim but go off straight away

The controller display seems to be working as normal

Anyone have any experience of this and what to check?

CB