Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Booth

Resident Antagonist Benny Smyth's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Imagine View Post
    It'll outlast any of the clones by a long chalk though
    As an XPRS owner of what has got to be 6 years now, I can vouch for that.

As a user of the equinox truss booth I'm a huge advocate of it. It has its faults for sure but doesn't wobble & is almost infinitely customisable.

I've covered the inside faces of mine with 5mm opal cast acrylic & it looks great (I'm told) backlit or not.

For overhead lighting I use 2 upright poles attached to the back, each with their own mini t bar on top. With this configuration I can provide wash lighting by 2 equinox quadpix bars attached to the front of each upright. It looks way better than a typical overhead crossbar IMHO.
    Name:  DSC_2390.jpg
Views: 318
Size:  46.1 KB

I recently added 2 corner shelves for a pair of movers. It's all quick & easy to rig & I'm now tending towards using this, with a gigabar behind me on a gravity pole & base - especially for upstairs or midweek gigs.

I also own a micron booth but I hate it. Too fiddly to put together & way too wobbly. That & it's scrim covered. I'm fast going off scrims.
    Last edited by Nakatomi; 07-09-2018 at 12:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nakatomi View Post
    . That & it's scrim covered. I'm fast going off scrims.
    Hate to point out your speakers...

Quote Originally Posted by rth_discos View Post
    LOL why do you think I'm going off scrims? Getting new PA in a few weeks & I can hardly wait. No more tripods!

A
    I also own a micron booth but I hate it. Too fiddly to put together & way too wobbly. That & it's scrim covered. I'm fast going off scrims.
    There are many far worse things. I'm not against them as booth coverings, although I dislike them intensely on tripods.

Quote Originally Posted by rth_discos View Post
    LOL why do you think I'm going off scrims? Getting new PA in a few weeks & I can hardly wait. No more tripods!
    Ooh, another stick rig user, maybe? We're on tenterhooks to see what you get.
    Excalibur. Older than the average DJ.

www.excaliburmobiledisco.co.uk

As a user of the equinox truss booth I'm a huge advocate of it. It has its faults for sure but doesn't wobble & is almost infinitely customisable

What are the 'faults' of the equinox truss booth??

Quote Originally Posted by mbp View Post
    As a user of the equinox truss booth I'm a huge advocate of it. It has its faults for sure but doesn't wobble & is almost infinitely customisable

What are the 'faults' of the equinox truss booth??
    Only that the magnets that hold the front signage screen on are a bit cack (or rather the sticky pads are), that the angles of the cross members aren't all equal - and the welding is a bit on the ugly side compared to that on an XPRS. But it's under half the price of an XPRS (and folds down much smaller) so...

is it really noticeable.....the cross members issue and welding?

Quote Originally Posted by mbp View Post
    is it really noticeable.....the cross members issue and welding?
    Not to a casual observer, no. But a venue staff member whose dad is a welder...

The angles aren't all unequal - they've obviously made them so the booth can be split in half for transport. I don't bother with that part of it. Indeed I drilled & self tapping screwed both halves of mine together & it still (just) fits in my berlingo.

Other than the minor cosmetic issues I really can't fault it. It transports easily & can be up in under a minute.

Quote Originally Posted by yourdj View Post
    I am going to start a corporate company soon and I am starting to think of perhaps pimping up our act, by using a 'designer' booth type thing. The XPRS etc. would be my first thoughts (yes is scaffolding, but its built well & cheaper lookalikes are just a bad investment).

Having said that I have always thought they can be subjected to drink spills and as a DJ found out recently near me (as it has nice top tray at chest height leading drink to the decks) as his decks and laptop were ruined by a bride. Watching this as I don't think a gorilla screen cuts it for a cutting edge Corporate business. Ideal for a wedding breakfast though.

just imagine a pint on this from the front, it will just poor straight off the top shelf on to the controller? It needs a barrier if you ask me.

Attachment 18665

I love my screen, so would probably get a van and build a screen of some sort to match the occasion. IMO it needs to look classy, but also transportable.

Attachment 18666
    First pic, I can't believe anyone with any decent level of sanity would consider putting a drink anywhere near that setup so surely it's not an issue?

Second pic, so that's what became of my old settee!!!

As a user of the equinox truss booth I'm a huge advocate of it. It has its faults for sure but doesn't wobble & is almost infinitely customisable.

I've covered the inside faces of mine with 5mm opal cast acrylic & it looks great (I'm told) backlit or not.

For overhead lighting I use 2 upright poles attached to the back, each with their own mini t bar on top. With this configuration I can provide wash lighting by 2 equinox quadpix bars attached to the front of each upright. It looks way better than a typical overhead crossbar IMHO.
    Name:  DSC_2390.jpg
Views: 318
Size:  46.1 KB

I recently added 2 corner shelves for a pair of movers. It's all quick & easy to rig & I'm now tending towards using this, with a gigabar behind me on a gravity pole & base - especially for upstairs or midweek gigs.

It looks a pretty decent rig, to be fair. You've definitely come a long way since you joined here and it's really good to see. Mind you, I've always been in the "Oh, my god, No!" camp when it comes to speaker stand scrims. I can't exactly explain why but I've just never liked them! Lycra round a deckstand/booth, though, is a whole different kettle of fish!
    Dazzy D
    Lightning Disco & Entertainment

Born to make you party!