Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Not Another speaker related thread....

Quote Originally Posted by rth_discos View Post
    OK so last night I got to hear the Evolve 50s for the first time - at an event I was at.

Now a slight caveat: there were 4 x Evolve 50s in total. 2 either side of the front, and 2 either side half way up.

But let's bear in mind this was a large room that was 60' wide and 74' deep, holding 300 people sat down at banquet tables...

But wow - I was seriously impressed. When the disco turned them up at the end of the meal, I was just amazed at the volume that came out of them.

From a distance I assumed they were Evox 12 - they certainly seem to have a much chunkier array than the Evox 8.

Would I buy them? To be honest, the fixed height of the speakers is the one thing that puts me off them. I like that I can have the Evox 8 low in a marquee with a low ceiling - or up high in a larger room where I need the sound to go over the top of heads.

But I can certainly see how Wayne manages to get the volume out of them he has claimed.
    That was one rich DJ if he had 4 of them

They're clever as well....if you're using satellites further down the room you can tell the masters how far away they are and they'll automagically calculate any delays in the sound signals so they don't cause phasing.

Glad you liked the sound of them. I'm impressed every time I take them out, especially now I've got them EQ'd to my setup.

As for the height issue - yes, they've missed a big trick there. They make a mini-riser (at the staggering price of £100 a side!), but even the EV reps admit it's only going to be a matter of time before somebody brings out something adjustable and cheaper

Quote Originally Posted by Imagine View Post
    That was one rich DJ if he had 4 of them
    It was an events AV company - they did the whole staging, sound and light. A good option for such an event - far more discrete than the usual speaker systems they bring, and as we know, an excellent sound - especially for the microphone.

Name:  IMG_20180922_214816.jpg
Views: 449
Size:  26.0 KB

I'm currently undecided on what to do.

Now though, I'm thinking along the lines of the QSC k12.2 or Promaxx 112a (or even the Promaxx 110a over a subline 112a - very lightweight setup).

Trying to setup a viewing (listening) at the moment for the Promaxx setup.

Quote Originally Posted by Sapphire Disco View Post
    For what? Pray tell.

As a PA system, I'd be wary of using them without a sub. With a decent sub though, on paper they'd beat my Maui 11s. Interesting.
    Excalibur. Older than the average DJ.

www.excaliburmobiledisco.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by Excalibur View Post
    For what? Pray tell.

As a PA system, I'd be wary of using them without a sub. With a decent sub though, on paper they'd beat my Maui 11s. Interesting.
    With my Evox 8 the subs are great but tops I find struggle a little sometimes.

For what? Pray tell.

Interesting. I thought normally folk were adding subs to these rigs, for extra output?

Nevertheless, if that's what you feel you need, then one of those ought to suit admirably, on those figures. I'm doing the sums on a stinger sub and a pair of those. Sadly, I've run out of fingers and funds far too early. Shame, cos it looks like a nice rig, on paper.

I'm doing the sums on a stinger sub and a pair of those. Sadly, I've run out of fingers and funds far too early. Shame, cos it looks like a nice rig, on paper.
    Are you trying to out-do me on the number of PA systems you own?

I paired up the evox subs with some 710a tops, they sounded great but a bit pointless doing so to be honest as takes away what the purpose of the Evox.
    Semi-Retired Multi Award Winning DJ

www.ultimateweddingdj.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by ppentertainments View Post
    I paired up the evox subs with some 710a tops, they sounded great but a bit pointless doing so to be honest as takes away what the purpose of the Evox.
    I've found my Evox 8 capable of coping with up to 300 people easily. Mind you, I swapped the RCF subs for my 15" LDs, driven by a whacking great Studiomaster amp.

Sadly, the Evox tops struggled against these a bit, so I started to use the matching 12" Stinger tops, which gave a lot more performance. I now have an Evox 8 rig that can cope with even the biggest venues. Simples.

Chris, your last line encapsulates what I've said all along. If a stick rig can't cope, then it's the wrong tool for the job.