Quote Originally Posted by Excalibur View Post
The eternal compromise between looks/weight and performance. There will never be a rig which can cope with all mobile gigs. The 1203 was probably conceived as that holy grail.

To address Justin's quandary, consider Maui11s. A whisker quieter than an 802, but cheaper too. Not as convenient if you get the older Mix from Thomann,like I have. The tops are a single unit. The G2 would be an almost exact comparison.

For anyone else considering which way to jump, consider 12" subs with 8" or 10" tops. It's a good compromise between portability and performance.
I don't use Thomann anymore. Everything I've ever had from them arrives looking like it fell out of a plane without a parachute. I've never blamed thomann for this - I always suspected it's been the final UK courier's fault.

What the es802 has going for it is the fact I can adorn the poles with pretty lights. That and it'll leave sufficient funds available to extend my kit again with tops & bins next year. The evolves are nice but by the time I bought covers I'd be 500 quid over budget. If the 802s need extra welly I've got a 15' bin I can employ. My trusty (and still not too shabby) altos will be kept on as spares.