Quote Originally Posted by Nakatomi View Post
Young Justin, Peter.. borrowed some RCF HD12A a few weeks ago & the very next morning had ordered a pair of his very own. And he's very very happy with them.
Quote Originally Posted by DJColsie View Post
I used RCF HD12’s for 3 years, loved them. Sad to see them go.
And guess what Mr Neen has just been asked to mend as a matter of urgency? And guess how much the amp module costs? Makes the 410 look positively good value!!!

Quote Originally Posted by rth_discos View Post
The more I read of these conundrums and various systems, the more grateful I am of my sole Evox 8 setup.

That's it, one system.

Anything larger than 150 people I don't take on.

I'm sure in the long term it's saved me lots of money!
It's one way of coping with the problem. As to its fiscal efficiency, well I couldn't possibly comment. As to your sole system, you're fibbing. You forgot the esteemed Maui 5s.

Quote Originally Posted by Nakatomi View Post

Why didn't I go compact? Too many compromises at too high a cost. They have their lovers & I ain't one of them.
Compromises? No. Just don't expect a true " stick rig " to cope with every gig. The Evolve 50 and Db 1203 will do almost any gig, but they're not really stick rigs. Not even close. They're virtually subs and tops. When I bought ( was sold? ) the Maui 5s, I had no reason/intention to buy them. Having used them, I would never consider not owning a stick rig of some flavour. ( And I've said it before, the difference between the least and the greatest isn't vast. They're all good. ) They're just so perfect for small, intimate gigs, with limited space, and they're sooo damned sexy.

Re your sub, see if Andy still has that Db 615. That should suit you nicely.