Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Oh hell no!

Resident Antagonist Benny Smyth's Avatar

Default Oh hell no!

So the client for this Saturday informs me that that her Saxophone player has told her that I'm yet to get in touch with them and liaise accordingly - a statement swiftly proven wrong by screenshots of conversations sent to the client.

But if the sax player wants to go that way, then I guess the conversation where I agreed to allow her to plug into my PA must not have happened.

Oooooh, Benny! I think the most appropriate thing I can say, is

Humble pie time.

I misunderstood Benny. He is undoubtedly holding the moral high ground, and has behaved impeccably. Sorry Benny, apologies.
    Last edited by Excalibur; 12-09-2018 at 12:22 PM.
    Excalibur. Older than the average DJ.

www.excaliburmobiledisco.co.uk

Ah, you can't beat a nice bit of late night sax.

Quote Originally Posted by mattydj50 View Post
    Ah, you can't beat a nice bit of late night sax.
    Not gonna happen now, cos the Saxophonist has forgotten Benny graciously allowed her to plug into the CS1000.

Mind you, if Benny hadn't insisted on being the only person in England to buy a CS 1000, and got a Maui instead, she could have plugged in without him even noticing!

Sax players really me off and I have never yet seen one actually add anything beneficial to a night.
    Semi-Retired Multi Award Winning DJ

www.ultimateweddingdj.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by Excalibur View Post
    Not gonna happen now, cos the Saxophonist has forgotten Benny graciously allowed her to plug into the CS1000.

Mind you, if Benny hadn't insisted on being the only person in England to buy a CS 1000, and got a Maui instead, she could have plugged in without him even noticing!
    Its the RCFs this weekend.

I Had this a few weeks ago in Stone - Staffordshire. Told the client yes thats fine but please read my terms and conditions. States no one to plays through my system due to insurance and if agreed there will be a £125 charge. The customer paid me the extra £125 but the sax player was terrible

On this occasion, I don't mind the Sax player plugging into my PA. I've had advanced warning, I'll have control over her output and, quite frankly, it means that she can Foxtrot Oscar straight away and not get in the way by taking down her PA while I'm still DJing.

But due to said sax player not keeping track of the conversations meant that for whatever the duration was, I looked bad in the eyes of the client for not liaising when in actual fact I did. That to me won't do and after showing evidence to the client that contact has been made, I ensured that the sax player got both barrels from me.

In all fairness to her, I've had an apology and we have been planning stuff over the last 24 hours. I'll turn up on Saturday with a 'clean slate' mentality - it's done and dusted now.

Quote Originally Posted by Benny Smyth View Post
    On this occasion, I don't mind the Sax player plugging into my PA. I've had advanced warning, I'll have control over her output and, quite frankly, it means that she can Foxtrot Oscar straight away and not get in the way by taking down her PA while I'm still DJing.

Blimey Benny, you been on the dried frog pills as well? That's an awfully pragmatic and sensible attitude, why I could have written that.

Oh wait, I have done, many times.

Quote Originally Posted by ppentertainments View Post
    Sax players really me off and I have never yet seen one actually add anything beneficial to a night.
    There's a guy up here, Trav who is bloody brilliant and goes around like a madman. Really great to listen to and watch, hes the only decent one I've worked with personally though.