Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: What is the latest DJ dress code for weddings ?

Quote Originally Posted by yourdj View Post
    You dress like a Cowboy?

Not sure where that quote came from. Someone is playing silly buggers with the edit button by the looks of it as I didn't say that.
    My 'guns' are covered in ink, so I wouldn't be getting them out.

Mod Note. Sorry Gary, Toby managed to attribute Steven's quote to you. I have now edited it to reflect the correct ownership.
    Last edited by Excalibur; 20-09-2018 at 08:43 PM.

Resident Antagonist Benny Smyth's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ppentertainments View Post
    Very true - if you are looking at a logo short sleeved shirt, whatever you do don't buy a black one. I bought some and they fade straight away and to be honest within a few months started to look very tatty. They were quite good quality too.
    And you'll probably be asked which Weatherspoons you work at.

Quote Originally Posted by Benny Smyth View Post
    And you'll probably be asked which Weatherspoons you work at.
    Haha

The one reason I like logo clothing is it stops me being mistaken for a waiter or hotel manager. Not a problem with all-day bookings but on an evening only I suppose it is an easy mistake to make.
    Semi-Retired Multi Award Winning DJ

www.ultimateweddingdj.co.uk

I was stood at the bar, waiting for a pint of water at a wedding I was doing at one of my old hotel residencies and I was approached by a guest who wasn't the happiest person in the world (to put it politely). She started effing and blinding at me because she wasn't happy about something (I can't remember what it was right now). I let her say her piece and then said "Sorry, but you would be better off having a word with a member of staff as I'm the DJ!".

You should have seen her face! Embarrassment beyond belief. She couldn't apologise enough.
    She commented "I thought you WERE a member of staff!".

What? Because I was wearing a black Fred Perry shirt, and the staff were wearing black shirts?
    Easily done I guess? Mind you, their black shirts were probably from Lidl, whereas mine cost me just short of a ton..... (Sorry, I sound like Toby there )

For the first (and probably only time) I DJ’d in shorts at a couple’s request this summer.

Hottest Saturday of the year, delayed turnaround and temperature measured at 38 degrees in a naval officers mess. I was a sweaty mess as I hurried through the set up in shorts and tshirt. With the 1st dance already 10 mins overdue I put on some background music and said I’d be 2 minutes while I changed.

Both bride and groom said keep the shorts on and just change your shirt. Appreciated but felt weird.

Normally a 2 piece suit and open necked shirt for me (for weddings) and shirt and trousers for general parties.

I've always had a red / dark red theme throughout all my branding so I used to wear a dark red shirt and light grey trousers / suit jacket but decided to go branded last year. I couldn't be happier with my decision.

Many more people have asked me about the company name / I've heard somebody mention it. Staff can easily find me "find the guy in the purple shirt with 11 on it" I've overheard.... Its not purple, its dark red but still.

My favorite addition has been a thick branded jumper though, same colours etc, super comfortable and very warm, I definitely feel more like an electrician than a DJ when wearing it but it's smart and beats wearing a coat in the colder gigs!

Dorset DJ - Dorset based DJ service
    11:11 EVENTS LTD - 11:11 EVENTS LTD

I agree you dont want to look like a member of staff from the venue. We are entertainers and a little bit of flamboyance should go with entertainment.
    Banana Power Travelling Discotheque - legendary entertainment since 1966
    www.facebook.com/BananaPowerTravellingDisco

Quote Originally Posted by Shakermaker Promotions View Post
    Not sure where that quote came from. Someone is playing silly buggers with the edit button by the looks of it as I didn't say that.
    My 'guns' are covered in ink, so I wouldn't be getting them out.

Mod Note. Sorry Gary, Toby managed to attribute Steven's quote to you. I have now edited it to reflect the correct ownership.
    Thanks Peter. No need to apologise.
    Maybe Toby should concentrate a bit more, whilst he's posting multiple photos of himself

Quote Originally Posted by theoloyla View Post
    I agree you dont want to look like a member of staff from the venue. We are entertainers and a little bit of flamboyance should go with entertainment.
    Theo, you're absolutely correct.

Quote Originally Posted by Shakermaker Promotions View Post
    Maybe Toby should concentrate a bit more, whilst he's posting multiple photos of himself
    You might think that, I couldn't possibly comment.
    Excalibur. Older than the average DJ.

www.excaliburmobiledisco.co.uk

Being that tomorrow's wedding's playlist contains a significant amount of French music, I wonder if the DJ will be suitably attired with hooped jersey, onions round his neck and wearing a beret and carrying baguettes?