Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

Thread: What is the latest DJ dress code for weddings ?

Threaded View

Quote Originally Posted by Shakermaker Promotions View Post
    Thanks Peter. No need to apologise.
    Maybe Toby should concentrate a bit more, whilst he's posting multiple photos of himself
    Sorry i was sat in an airport and they started calling me through, I was going to quote about the doorman comment you made. I rarely make errors in posting especially when quoting.

I disagree with you last comment (and the photos were a post before anyway)! Someone has asked what we wear so a photo makes sense as a description of what you wear does not really work - as one person will look completely different to the next. Theo might suit a 70's frilly ballroom tuxedo, where as someone in their 20's might look like a tool; someone who weighs 20 stone might look a lot better in a suit vs a polo shirt, or someone that looks like a doorman (i.e. tall and well built) might look better in more casual clothes (i.e. a white shirt & chinos). Or someone in the latter years, well built with a big grey moustache might look awesome in a Hawaiian shirt and shorts?

I know Colin, Theo, Peter and yourself as i have met them in person and can imagine what they will look like, but as for everyone else its just guess work. I think who posted this would be better off posting a few photos of themselves and asking what would look good on them from our options, as the current trends are irrelevant if it looks silly on them.

The three most useful posts on this thread (to me) are the ones that have posted photos of themselves (prior to mine).

Quote Originally Posted by Steven View Post
    ha! Yes, i forgot to mention i also wear spurs and chaps on top of my smart jeans.
    As you have a profile picture that included in the last sentence above. Bet that suits you well, I also tend to de-sleeve after FD but it depends on the wedding as I personally think a DJ should look cool & smart, but sometimes that can be a VERY subjective, so other people options matter. Times are changing very quickly and I feel that dinner jackets (and especially open suits & ties) and such like, will be regarded as a bit fuddy duddy in a few years, just look at Steve Jobs 10 years back unleashing a new product wearing a tatty old sweatshirt! Again depends on the person wearing it I guess?

i so have to hit the gym and stop drinking beer.
    Last edited by yourdj; 21-09-2018 at 11:42 AM.
    Your DJ - Mobile DJ The New Forest, Southampton & Hampshire. Toby
    https://yourdj.co.uk/