Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: What is the latest DJ dress code for weddings ?

Quote Originally Posted by yourdj View Post
    Only in that photo as they are stretchy tight jeans not trousers (so dont get creased), just the way I am standing, but i see what you mean. I did not mention theos trousers or shoes as I like the top half not the bottom as per the above probably looks better in the flesh.
    Jeans? Jeans? Jeans?

I'm assuming you sneaked oop North, to Slagthorpe WMC, if you were dressed thus.
    Excalibur. Older than the average DJ.

www.excaliburmobiledisco.co.uk

Resident Antagonist Benny Smyth's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Shakermaker Promotions View Post
    Not that I am Quasimodo or anything, but I'm not one for plastering photos of myself all over the internet.
    No offence to those that do, it's just not my cup of tea.
    Purely for poops and giggles purposes, I'm gonna join in!

A couple of weeks ago, I did an all dayer. For the setup, takedown and evening bit, I was in my usual polo attire. For the day, I dressed thusly:

Last night, I was in a marquee doing an evening only wedding disco and because it was so cold, I had to wrap up warm. I left it as late as I could, but I eventually had to give in and get the hat and gloves out:

If anything, my clients thought that I was an absolute trooper for sticking it out from start to finish. They understood that it was really cold in there (a lot of the guests stayed inside the main building to keep warm), but luckily there was a hardcore few who warmed the marquee up slightly with their raving and the fact that we entered DnB and Dubstep territory made the hat seem more appropriate!

You never know, were we to get another summer like we did this year, I may turn up to gigs like this:

#YoureWelcome

Quote Originally Posted by Excalibur View Post
    Jeans? Jeans? Jeans?

I'm assuming you sneaked oop North, to Slagthorpe WMC, if you were dressed thus.
    This is why I ask brides/female friends, what they think about things rather than DJ's. out of at least 50 people they have all said they love it over a tweed 3 piece I have never had so many positive comments about a pair of shoes or waistcoat (literally every event) - although they don't mention the jeans so maybe you have a point, but I feel comfortable in them and I have also asked a lot of people (especially venue managers and photographers) and everyone of them says that it looks great with the waist coat & shoes. I think just a shirt would be a bit crap though.

Being a big fan of 3 pieces suits (I have at least 8 now), I used to think jeans would be far too casual (especially Denim), but times have changed very rapidly in the last few years I am just moving with them rather than being stuck in an ill fitting black drainpipe trousered suits more suitable for a funeral in 1995 that a wedding in 2019. I feel the same away about ties in open suits, more David Brent than cool DJ, but thats just my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Benny Smyth View Post
    Purely for poops and giggles purposes, I'm gonna join in!

A couple of weeks ago, I did an all dayer. For the setup, takedown and evening bit, I was in my usual polo attire. For the day, I dressed thusly:

Last night, I was in a marquee doing an evening only wedding disco and because it was so cold, I had to wrap up warm. I left it as late as I could, but I eventually had to give in and get the hat and gloves out:

If anything, my clients thought that I was an absolute trooper for sticking it out from start to finish. They understood that it was really cold in there (a lot of the guests stayed inside the main building to keep warm), but luckily there was a hardcore few who warmed the marquee up slightly with their raving and the fact that we entered DnB and Dubstep territory made the hat seem more appropriate!

You never know, were we to get another summer like we did this year, I may turn up to gigs like this:

#YoureWelcome

That last one is the winner. I like the first one, that looks like a Marc Darcy, but so many companies are doing that now? Do you get any comments about the tattoos. Perhaps Gary can get his out if not, but I suppose it depends what the atattoes say or mean? Not anything I have any idea about, or wish to explore personally. A jumper in a marquee is a must!! I bring one as when it gets cold enough usually everyone is so ed to even notice me. Stopping the wind with kit bags is also a big one as it whips around the legs.
    Last edited by yourdj; 23-09-2018 at 07:24 PM.
    Your DJ - Mobile DJ The New Forest, Southampton & Hampshire. Toby
    https://yourdj.co.uk/

Benny, in pic 1, you're a Toby clone!!!

Pic 2, a barrow boy, and Pic 3, well, I think Uncle Shaun will have to have a dabble with his magic pen.

Pic 2, a barrow boy, and Pic 3, well, I think Uncle Shaun will have to have a dabble with his magic pen.
    I know this is a family forum, but it toes look like he was holding something doesn't he?

Name:  2hn7603.jpg
Views: 140
Size:  19.6 KB

Resident Antagonist Benny Smyth's Avatar

Benny, in pic 1, you're a Toby clone!!!
    What you don't see in that pic is the smart jeans and brown/white Vans. So not quite a clone.

Plus, the beard and sleeve makes me considerably more hipster than Toby.

considerably more hipster than Toby.
    Indeed I could grow a long 'tramp' beard, wear thick glasses & get full body tattooing, but I quite like being dull, boring & consistent with my style. I always cringe at photos of parents etc from the 70's with crappy moustaches or 80's with terrible mullets that were cool for the few years they were in but were a very bad idea. Perhaps I need to grow a mohawk or something to liven it up??

Vans Vans Vans

Only joking, bet they look great if they match the waistcoat.
    Ashley Riggs wears Vans as Colin (DJ Colsie) would attest too, but i think it depends on what else you are wearing.

What you don't see in that pic is the smart jeans and brown/white Vans. So not quite a clone.
    Eh? Jeans and brown shoes = clone. ( If Toby had started shaving yet,and could grow a beard. )

( If Toby had started shaving yet,and could grow a beard. )
    Do you mind?
    I've just spat hot coffee all over my laptop reading that comment