Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Thread: What is the latest DJ dress code for weddings ?

Crap screen grab from my site. I wear a blue and orange tartan suit. No one has mistaken me for venue staff in the past 5 or so years 😁

Name:  Screenshot_20221008-153124.jpg
Views: 95
Size:  24.6 KB

Quote Originally Posted by Jim - Scotland's Party DJ View Post
    Crap screen grab from my site. I wear a blue and orange tartan suit. No one has mistaken me for venue staff in the past 5 or so years 
    In the good old days when flamboyance and sartorial elegance was 90% of being a DJ, nobody would have taken me for a guest, either!
    Excalibur. Older than the average DJ.

www.excaliburmobiledisco.co.uk

I have always felt that you should fit in and dress similar to most of the guests. I actually don’t want to stand out.

Quote Originally Posted by DJColsie View Post
    I have always felt that you should fit in and dress similar to most of the guests. I actually don’t want to stand out.
    Unless wearing ‘official’ clothing ie toastmasters uniform, I believe you should be dressed down compared to guests.
    Semi-Retired Multi Award Winning DJ

www.ultimateweddingdj.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by ppentertainments View Post
    Unless wearing ‘official’ clothing ie toastmasters uniform, I believe you should be dressed down compared to guests.
    Why?

I have not an insignificant amount of brides ask if I'm going to be wearing my suit on the night because they love it...

Quote Originally Posted by DJColsie View Post
    Surprisingly, and unusually, I disagree with you both. I'm with Jim ( in principle ) on this one. ( I don't have a tartan suit, or Scottish ancestry). Ah for the good old days of a bottle green crushed velvet suit, with a frilled dress shirt. Sigh.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim - Scotland's Party DJ View Post
    Why?

I have not an insignificant amount of brides ask if I'm going to be wearing my suit on the night because they love it...
    A couple, family or close guests might be scrimping and saving for their clothes, and the DJ turns up and is better dressed than they are ?

For me so long as smart it is insignificant, apart from maybe all day weddings. Evenings for me is polo shirt and black jeans.

If a bride asked me about wearing a suit, personally I probably wouldn't take the booking - gone are those days (thankfully)
    Semi-Retired Multi Award Winning DJ

www.ultimateweddingdj.co.uk

Resident Antagonist Benny Smyth's Avatar

A couple, family or close guests might be scrimping and saving for their clothes, and the DJ turns up and is better dressed than they are ?
    Do you own your own house? You should probably sell it because that young couple renting the house down the road can't afford to buy one.

There are many reasons why a DJ shouldn't wear a suit to a wedding, but being dressed better than a guest isn't one of them.

If a bride asked me about wearing a suit, personally I probably wouldn't take the booking - gone are those days (thankfully)
    If they asked about me dressing in a suit, as Hannibal Lecter, or Dorothy from the Wizard of Oz, as long as it meets my fiscal threshold, I'm the man for the job.
    Quote Originally Posted by Benny Smyth View Post

There are many reasons why a DJ shouldn't wear a suit to a wedding, but being dressed better than a guest isn't one of them.
    Benny, I don't know how they dress for weddings in Brum and its hinterland, but sometimes round here I've seen guests at weddings in stately homes who were worse dressed than Onslow!

That's a stretch but ultimately my priority is the bride and groom who unanimously like the suit and effort that goes along with it.