Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: What is the latest DJ dress code for weddings ?

Quote Originally Posted by Shakermaker Promotions View Post
    Thanks Peter. No need to apologise.
    Maybe Toby should concentrate a bit more, whilst he's posting multiple photos of himself
    Sorry i was sat in an airport and they started calling me through, I was going to quote about the doorman comment you made. I rarely make errors in posting especially when quoting.

I disagree with you last comment (and the photos were a post before anyway)! Someone has asked what we wear so a photo makes sense as a description of what you wear does not really work - as one person will look completely different to the next. Theo might suit a 70's frilly ballroom tuxedo, where as someone in their 20's might look like a tool; someone who weighs 20 stone might look a lot better in a suit vs a polo shirt, or someone that looks like a doorman (i.e. tall and well built) might look better in more casual clothes (i.e. a white shirt & chinos). Or someone in the latter years, well built with a big grey moustache might look awesome in a Hawaiian shirt and shorts?

I know Colin, Theo, Peter and yourself as i have met them in person and can imagine what they will look like, but as for everyone else its just guess work. I think who posted this would be better off posting a few photos of themselves and asking what would look good on them from our options, as the current trends are irrelevant if it looks silly on them.

The three most useful posts on this thread (to me) are the ones that have posted photos of themselves (prior to mine).

Quote Originally Posted by Steven View Post
    ha! Yes, i forgot to mention i also wear spurs and chaps on top of my smart jeans.
    As you have a profile picture that included in the last sentence above. Bet that suits you well, I also tend to de-sleeve after FD but it depends on the wedding as I personally think a DJ should look cool & smart, but sometimes that can be a VERY subjective, so other people options matter. Times are changing very quickly and I feel that dinner jackets (and especially open suits & ties) and such like, will be regarded as a bit fuddy duddy in a few years, just look at Steve Jobs 10 years back unleashing a new product wearing a tatty old sweatshirt! Again depends on the person wearing it I guess?

i so have to hit the gym and stop drinking beer.
    Last edited by yourdj; 21-09-2018 at 12:42 PM.
    Your DJ - Mobile DJ The New Forest, Southampton & Hampshire. Toby
    https://yourdj.co.uk/

For me it's a branded black polo, black combats (either full or knee length depending on the time of year) and black trainers while I'm loading in.
    After loading in I change into either a black or white shirt, black trousers and black shoes. If it's cold I have a black hoodie with my logo on the back to put over the top.

My company colours are black, white, cyan and a kind of pink so I'm using the least visually offensive colours from my brand for my attire I occasionally get asked if I'm hotel staff, but not often. Most of my branded kit is now about 4-5years old and is due for a refresh, but it's held the blacks surprisingly well without fading out to grey.

This post has been interesting as I've been considering what to buy for uniform for both me and my Photobooth staff - and I'm none the wiser now

Julian
    http://www.bristoldiscohire.co.uk - Quality Disco and Equipment hire for Bristol & Bath
    Weddings, Birthday Parties, Kids Parties, School Disco's and more
    https://julianburr.co.uk - Wedding, Family, Portrait and Product Photography

Ha! Ha! Toby, you do make me laugh mate, keep digging

Not that I am Quasimodo or anything, but I'm not one for plastering photos of myself all over the internet.
    No offence to those that do, it's just not my cup of tea.

Quote Originally Posted by yourdj View Post

i so have to hit the gym and stop drinking beer.
    To be honest, that was my biggest change, appearance wise - really must get back on it.
    Semi-Retired Multi Award Winning DJ

www.ultimateweddingdj.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by Shakermaker Promotions View Post
    Ha! Ha! Toby, you do make me laugh mate, keep digging

Not that I am Quasimodo or anything, but I'm not one for plastering photos of myself all over the internet.
    No offence to those that do, it's just not my cup of tea.
    Sorry - as much as I like to keep most members laughing at me, in this case I am just sticking up for myself as its not 2010 anymore as I am not digging a hole, just making a point.

I am definitely in agreement that everyone is not confident in taking or posting photos pf themselves (or may see it as narcissistic) but in this case its quite a relevant thing to do if you want to as dress is individual and also visual.

Quote Originally Posted by Steven View Post
    ha! Yes, i forgot to mention i also wear spurs and chaps on top of my smart jeans.
    I need to sort my self out. i am not fat but I could be much more toned. more importantly being disciplined and getting all those lovely hormones helps in life and business. Having said that i am currently in the pub with a steak and on my 3rd beer! I did walk 12km up a mountain on Monday though. According to my time management audio book it takes 20-30 days to learn a new habit, so I need to be more disciplined.

This is a great thread, as theo says appearance is very important (not that I am following it with my alcohol consumption), so maintaining good health and taking note of what we are wearing to me is very important and like gear needs to be replaced and updated at least every year. I personally love Christmas as i get zero bother from work and can spend all those boring times sat looking at the sales. I got a Marc Darcy 3 pice suit for about £50 last year, amazing!!
    Last edited by yourdj; 21-09-2018 at 03:20 PM.

here we go the phootbooth guy took a picture of me last night:

Name:  IMG_5114.jpg
Views: 139
Size:  37.2 KB

Summer wedding in a marquee
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by Excalibur; 23-09-2018 at 01:07 PM. Reason: fixed typo
    Banana Power Travelling Discotheque - legendary entertainment since 1966
    www.facebook.com/BananaPowerTravellingDisco

Quote Originally Posted by theoloyla View Post

Summer wedding in a marquee
    Nice waistcoat & tie combo.
    Last edited by Excalibur; 23-09-2018 at 01:07 PM. Reason: fixed typo

Quote Originally Posted by yourdj View Post
    Nice waistcoat & tie combo.
    Indeed Toby. And his trousers don't look like they need ironing.
    Excalibur. Older than the average DJ.

www.excaliburmobiledisco.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by Excalibur View Post
    Indeed Toby. And his trousers don't look like they need ironing.
    Only in that photo as they are stretchy tight jeans not trousers (so dont get creased), just the way I am standing, but i see what you mean. I did not mention theos trousers or shoes as I like the top half not the bottom as per the above probably looks better in the flesh.