Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

Thread: Kam dmx30 green laser very dim

Default Kam dmx30 green laser very dim

Hi, i have a Kam DMX 30 laser disco light. The Green laser works but it is very dim and not powerful enough to project onto anything further than about 10cm.

Does the laser need replacing or is there a possible fix as to why it is not very bright?

Any help would be appreciated.

Paul

Hello Paul, and welcome.
    Re your laser woes, it's not an unknown occurrence, and some members don't hold KAM in high regard. You may find it's cheaper to bin it, and buy new, as lasers are plummeting in price.

Could I ask you to pop across to the Newbies section and introduce yourself, as we like to know a bit about who we're typing to. Thanks.
    Excalibur. Older than the average DJ.

www.excaliburmobiledisco.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by Excalibur View Post
    Hello Paul, and welcome.
    You may find it's cheaper to bin it, and buy new, as lasers are plummeting in price.
    Totally agree with the above, but before you bin it, it's worth opening the case up and check that the laser module has not worked loose and become misaligned. I've come across the very same problem several times, if yours has become misaligned, and you're comfortable opening it up, it could be a free and quick fix.
    Inside every old person, is a young person wondering 'What The Hell Happened'. Tempus Fugit

Disco 4 Hire

Quote Originally Posted by Pe7e View Post
    Totally agree with the above, but before you bin it, it's worth opening the case up and check that the laser module has not worked loose and become misaligned. I've come across the very same problem several times, if yours has become misaligned, and you're comfortable opening it up, it could be a free and quick fix.
    YEs as above
    Kam not the best lasers, but could be worth checking laser diode is secure