Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: BPM 2022.....

Default BPM 2022.....

Wow I've not done this for a good few years but.....

Who's going to BPM this year?
    The Cheltenham Wedding DJ
    www.cheltenhamweddingdj.co.uk

DDWES Event Hire

www.ddwes.co.uk

Well Neil, subject to the latest round of changes of plans, myself and the Hughes lads should be there Sunday. Also, Mr Neen is expected to make an appearance, Shaun if he can stay awake/leave the new baby, and Matthew Western is a possible.
    Excalibur. Older than the average DJ.

www.excaliburmobiledisco.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by Excalibur View Post
    Well Neil, subject to the latest round of changes of plans, myself and the Hughes lads should be there Sunday. Also, Mr Neen is expected to make an appearance, Shaun if he can stay awake/leave the new baby, and Matthew Western is a possible.
    Latest is that I am a probable, subject to thirteen alarm clocks going off on Sunday morning (or not going to bed).

Quote Originally Posted by mattydj50 View Post
    Latest is that I am a probable, subject to thirteen alarm clocks going off on Sunday morning (or not going to bed).
    I may need to borrow an alarm clock or two. I did originally have a Saturday booking which would have meant a late return home. Then it cancelled, with a sensible cancellation fee, so a colleague and I planned a weekend at the show, with hotel overnight.

Then he got a Sunday afternoon gig, so suggested Saturday only. Shot that down, as all the folk I want to see are there Sunday. Was given clearance at the highest level ( my wife ) for the full weekend on my own. Other colleagues have expressed interest in a ride down on Sunday, and I could yet be back in the usual position of Gig Saturday, drive Sunday, sleep Monday.

The sooner they decide to have the show Monday and Tuesday, the better!

Quote Originally Posted by Excalibur View Post

The sooner they decide to have the show Monday and Tuesday, the better!
    I think that's unlikely, it's been clear they're not really aiming the show at working mobile guys but more joe public etc (this isn't a shot just seeing how the show has envolved over the years).

DDWES Event Hire

www.ddwes.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by DeckstarDeluxe View Post
    I think that's unlikely, it's been clear they're not really aiming the show at working mobile guys but more joe public etc (this isn't a shot just seeing how the show has evolved over the years).
    Now call me cynical, but surely it's easier for a wage slave to book a ( paid) day off, than a working mobile DJ to miss out on what puts food on his table? I ask that totally seriously.

All day wedding on Sat and Photography job Sunday.

So.... No.

Besides, I haven't made it once yet in the 14 years I've been DJing so I'd hate to break the tradition.

Julian
    http://www.bristoldiscohire.co.uk - Quality Disco and Equipment hire for Bristol & Bath
    Weddings, Birthday Parties, Kids Parties, School Disco's and more
    https://julianburr.co.uk - Wedding, Family, Portrait and Product Photography

As it happens I was in Birmingham last night.

Tap and spine is still going strong and now we have reflex and popworld to choose from.

DDWES Event Hire

www.ddwes.co.uk

So....who went? What did I miss?

I'm in a very wild and windy Cornwall at the moment (planned long ago), so BPM was well off the radar this year.

Is there anything new and interesting on the lighting side of things I need to know about? (NOT the new Chauvet "we're bringing in another new and incompatible wireless DMX system" related)

Quote Originally Posted by Imagine View Post
    So....who went? What did I miss?

I'm in a very wild and windy Cornwall at the moment (planned long ago), so BPM was well off the radar this year.

Is there anything new and interesting on the lighting side of things I need to know about? (NOT the new Chauvet "we're bringing in another new and incompatible wireless DMX system" related)
    That Chauvet system was actually very impressive. Oops, typo.

Expensive. It was actually awesome.

The Hughes lads bought some £50 lights which did just about everything you could want. Burger, chips and a drink was a tenner. Shaun won a raffle prize. They closed the motorway in order to annoy us, which resulted in us sitting on the motorway for an hour, heading South. John boy stayed at home to play bingo. Most of the PA systems didn't impress. I tried to get lost on multiple occasions on the motorways, but thankfully was corrected by the navigators in the back. Apart from the time coming home when I saw signs for the M18, and suggested taking it, as it brings me home. The three passengers who needed to be up the M1 to get home overruled me vigorously.

That's pretty much a rundown of the show.

Oooh, edit: We saw just the thing for you for kids parties. It's a haze/bubble/haze in bubble machine. That was magnificent. Dave stood there as if he was on fire, smoke pouring off him everywhere, as the smoke filled bubbles burst on him.