Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: BPM 2021, née BPM 2018

Resident Antagonist Benny Smyth's Avatar

Default BPM 2021, née BPM 2018

The lack of the traditional yearly thread probably speaks volumes about how many will be attendance this weekend. If I'm honest, I'm still umming and ahing about going. Saturday is ruled out as I have a wedding, but if I can be bothered, I'll pop in Sunday.

I won't be there.

Wedding on Saturday and won't be home until around 2am, then going on holibobs on Monday so not going do a 4 hour round trip all the way up to Birmingham and back on the Sunday - it's just not worth it, especially when there's only ONE retailer allowed to sell anything so unlikely to be picking up any little knick-knacks at show prices.

Maybe next year if they go back to the traditional Sunday/Monday format....

Quote Originally Posted by Benny Smyth View Post
    The lack of the traditional yearly thread probably speaks volumes about how many will be attendance this weekend. If I'm honest, I'm still umming and ahing about going. Saturday is ruled out as I have a wedding, but if I can be bothered, I'll pop in Sunday.
    Indeed. I'm still debating about setting the alarm clock for Sunday morning. I'm working tonight and Saturday and have to attend a wedding as a guest at 1pm on Saturday, before leaving after the meal to go to my venue.

The scenario of getting home at around 2.30am on Sunday morning and getting up again at 8am doesn't thrill me and there are no trains between Doncaster and Sheffield on the Sunday, so sitting on a coach for 40 minutes is less inviting too. And, since the venue has changed, I now have to walk across Birmingham from New Street to Moor Street and then getting out from Solihull station by bus or taxidoesn't do my enthusiasm any good either.

Driving is not an option as (1), the car will be loaded from Saturday's gig and I'm not getting up another hour earlier to unload it and (2), I get free rail travel as part of the day job and (3) I can have a kip on the train!

I know that great efforts have been made to actually put BPM back on this year following the demise of GIG and that I understand that this particular venue was not available on the Monday when I would have (as I always have done) definately attended. Saturday isn't suitabkle for any working DJ outside a reasonable radius as I doubt there are many of us going to turn dowbn a gig just to attend BPM on the Saturday.

That said, it is the only trade event that there is worth attending, so I'll set the alarm on Sunday and see if I wake up!

Is there even a 2019 show?
    The Cheltenham Wedding DJ
    www.cheltenhamweddingdj.co.uk

DDWES Event Hire

www.ddwes.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by DeckstarDeluxe View Post
    Is there even a 2019 show?

Yup.

5th - 6th October https://www.facebook.com/bpmshow/
    Nathan.

Once again on Saturday & Sunday. It's often said that they can't get Monday & besides Saturday works better for DJs. Er.. WHICH DJs? Bedroom ones? Even the Pro Mobile conference starts on a Sunday next year.. arguably better than a Saturday but not by much if you've a gig the previous night. Keeping diaries clear is all very well if you have enough notice but I'm often booked 18 months+ in advance.

Quote Originally Posted by Nakatomi View Post
    Keeping diaries clear is all very well if you have enough notice but I'm often booked 18 months+ in advance.
    Blimey, sometimes I'm lucky if I'm booked 18 hours in advance!

This year's out for many reasons, but: BPM 2020 will be a goer for me, cos it's looking likely that the impediment of harvesting spuds is in its final year for me. Whether I'll still be a DJ in October 2020............................................
    Excalibur. Older than the average DJ.

www.excaliburmobiledisco.co.uk

I'm out too - working on the Saturday and got something else on the Sunday.

Quote Originally Posted by Excalibur View Post
    BPM 2020 will be a goer for me
    Hmmm....might have to clear the diary and arrange for a couple of small sherries old timer

Quote Originally Posted by Excalibur View Post

This year's out for many reasons, but: BPM 2020 will be a goer for me,
    I'd be up for doing it next year too.

Quote Originally Posted by Imagine View Post
    I'm out too - working on the Saturday and got something else on the Sunday.

Hmmm....might have to clear the diary and arrange for a couple of small sherries old timer
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaun View Post
    I'd be up for doing it next year too.
    Hmmmm. Methinks I'd better buy shares in Wetherspoons and Glenfiddich then. Hic.
    Excalibur. Older than the average DJ.

www.excaliburmobiledisco.co.uk